Jericho

unclehobart

There were two warehouses filled with tables and people. There must have been about 30 volunteers stocking and restocking, counting up the books before pament, taking payment, directing... all that kind of stuff. The average age of attendees was roughly in the early to mid 50s... which is kinda sad. It must've been the effect of it being in the middle of a workday. The young probably were at school or work.

One building was hardbacks, the other was paperbacks, videos, and other media. It was all broken down by general interest sections and rough alphabetical ... that is to say that it was no more refined than anything authored by someone of an 'M' last name was all piled up 8 tables in a random fashion.

The SciFi/Fantasy paperback tables were being churned over so fast that there was no attempt to do anything other than shovel them onto the tables as fast as possible. Surprisingly, there were only like 4 Tolkein books, no Robert Jordan, a few Star Wars and Star Trek... but there were tons of Jack L. Chalker and Peirs Anthony. There were a few pros there farming it out pretty bad buying up a few 100 at a time... so perhaps they just had them all weeded out before I ever saw it. There was all manner of Stephen King to be had.

tonksy

They had the more popular authors in cardboard boxes under the alphabetized hard back tables.
I already have the next date in my phone :D