John Kerry was a war hero

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
omg he disagreed with the government on something :eek13:

he should NEVER be allowed into public service :eek:

Professur

You wanna enlighten those of us not gifted with an american education. (Man, I even managed to say that with a straight face)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hanoi Jane is the focus & look one row behind her & just to her left.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
omg he disagreed with the government on something :eek13:

he should NEVER be allowed into public service :eek:

As long as he's bashing his President for the same thing, you're correct.

freako104

Gonz said:
As long as he's bashing his President for the same thing, you're correct.

why? he has his opinions and if he tries for office he can change what he disagreed with

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Readers Digest for Prof....

"Hanoi" Jane Fonda....war protester & traitor.

John Kerry Vietnam Vet who won a Bronze & a Silver star only to throw them over the White House fence in protest. Tunrs out he threw somebody elses medals & put his away.

Fast forward to the 90's. His medals are now hanging on his Senate wall & the protests are null & void as it's suddenly hip to be a soldier. Add to it, this speech given a few of years ago where he complains about the exact thing he's doing & it adds up to another shitty pol.

rrfield

Um, there are a few differences between Kerry and Bush.

Kerry went to Vietnam, served his country. Either before or after the war he decided it was a sham and he did not agree with it. If he decided this before yet went anyway, he is to be congratulated for fulfilling his duty and not running to Canada. If it was after, he certainly has the right AND the perspective to decide this.

George W. Bush served....in the National Guard. Guard spots were very hard to come by, they usually went to the sons of Rich White Men.

Bush never went to Vietnam. Kerry did.

rrfield

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They both served their country. Kerry went to Vietnam & Bush didn't- Irrelevent.

Professur

Who was it that served in an air force unit, that didn't have any planes? I heard some mention of that on the radio this morning, but I was busy dealing with the morning traffic.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've not heard that. Dubya is a trained pilot so there may bea connection.

rrfield

Gonz said:
They both served their country. Kerry went to Vietnam & Bush didn't- Irrelevent.

Kerry went to Vietnam and Bush weasled his way out because of the silver spoon they found in his mouth.

rrfield

rrfield

Gonz said:
You're calling National Guardsmen & women wealsels?

No. I'm calling people who use their fathers possition in the government (CIA at the time?) to get themselves a coveted possition in a branch of the Armed Forces that does not go over seas a weasel.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I don't care really either way what people did 30 years ago...unless they're lying about it now, that is.

and as far as the britain people go? at least they're not pretending to do something they didn't :shrug:

Professur

Can I ask a question? What does 'nam have to do with 'stan? Or Iraq? Totally different wars for totallly different reasons, aren't they? What does protesting one have to do with supporting the other?