Kmart, Sears to merge

unclehobart

So... we combine the 'I can't find anything I'm looking for' model from sears and blend it into kmarts utter lack of customer service and you get a baffling 18 layer management structure where you essentially have 3 people doing every job and noone doing it right. Sounds like a winner.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
So... we combine the 'I can't find anything I'm looking for' model from sears and blend it into kmarts utter lack of customer service and you get a baffling 18 layer management structure where you essentially have 3 people doing every job and noone doing it right. Sounds like a winner.

But, but, but, they've got Martha Stewart Living stuff... :lol2:

catocom

unclehobart said:

LOL, and all this time I thought it was a localized thing. :alienhuh:

unclehobart

The only time that I have ever had a decent time at any of the major retailers is when you can find a small city (say 50-75k in population) where its been an institution for 2+ generations and all of the sales people have been there for 20+ years each. Thats when it has a real 'mom and pop shop' feel. They actually know what the products are, where they are, know your name, know their dealer reps by name... bla bla.

HomeLAN

Sears does two things well; tools and appliances. For everything else, they're shit, but they still rule the roost in those two areas. They even managed to chase retailers like Circuit City out of appliances.

KMart, OTOH, doesn't do anything well. If I were a Sears shareholder, I think I'd take the cash option on this one.

HomeLAN

Not as well as Walmart, Dollar Tree, 99 Cent Littlebucks, etc. do. They've been blown away within their own niche market. Bad news....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Somewhere between Wally World & Target, there has to be several thousand lost & lonely souls in need of a store ;)

PostCode

Major contributor!
unclehobart said:

And a blue light special on isle 5. :)

catocom

The Kmart here closed up about 5 years ago.
That place was since tore down and a whole new mall put up.
I just wondering if Sears is now going to move to a bigger building here.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Blue Light Special in the Tool Section.

Now that may not be so bad...

markjs

Banned
Does this mean my Benchtoptm tools that were warranteed by KMart are now eligeable to be rplaced with Craftsmanstm?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OMFG....Something just occurred to me...

Should we soon be expecting Martha Stewart's and Bob Vila's love child?

:bolt:

Won't that be a blip...a know-it-all Yankee and a do-nothing Yankee...that kid ain't got a hope in Hell.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Strange, it sounds like, if the numbers are examined & categorized, K-Mart is buying Sears. However, the long term forecast is for K-Mart to fade away & Sears to absorb their brands.