Kmart, Sears to merge

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I thought K-mart was on the verge of bankruptcy just a few years ago. Quite a turn around.

HomeLAN

They re-organized. Very different way that it's being run now. Profits are good for the moment, I just don't have much confidence in them down the road.

chcr

Too cute for words
I expect after the merger the new business model will closely resemble Walmart. :shrug:

MrBishop

SouthernN'Proud said:
OMFG....Something just occurred to me...

Should we soon be expecting Martha Stewart's and Bob Vila's love child?

:bolt:

Won't that be a blip...a know-it-all Yankee and a do-nothing Yankee...that kid ain't got a hope in Hell.

Yeah...but at least all of his tools will be colour-coordinated :D :evilcool:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
OMFG....Something just occurred to me...

Should we soon be expecting Martha Stewart's and Bob Vila's love child?

:bolt:

Won't that be a blip...a know-it-all Yankee and a do-nothing Yankee...that kid ain't got a hope in Hell.

Hmmm...and Bob has the smarts to break her out of Camp Cupcake, too...better alert the gaurds, and release the hounds. :D

tonksy

HomeLAN said:
Sears does two things well; tools and appliances. For everything else, they're shit, but they still rule the roost in those two areas. They even managed to chase retailers like Circuit City out of appliances.

KMart, OTOH, doesn't do anything well. If I were a Sears shareholder, I think I'd take the cash option on this one.
oh but i've seen the softer side of sears for awhile. their clothes are good quality and relatively attractive. they sell good quality shoes too. i haven't been in one in a couple years (save a trip for some tool thing for rob a couple of months back) but i hope that the complete lack of customer service doesn't spill over from K-mart.

Inkara1

I hope that Sears stores don't start looking like a bunch of amateurs run the place the way Kmart stores seem to. But for as much shit as I talk about Kmart, I sure do seem to find myself there an awful lot... of course, I have to drive on the freeway for 10 minutes to get to Target and a few more to get to Wal-Mart, while Kmart is actually in the same town as I am.

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
I hope that Sears stores don't start looking like a bunch of amateurs run the place the way Kmart stores seem to. But for as much shit as I talk about Kmart, I sure do seem to find myself there an awful lot... of course, I have to drive on the freeway for 10 minutes to get to Target and a few more to get to Wal-Mart, while Kmart is actually in the same town as I am.
i know what you mean. i'm always putting stuff on layaway when it goes on sale and walmart and K-mart are about all that do layaway anymore.