Knight rides again

Professur

Knight Rider is back and this time the talking car is played by a Ford Mustang. The car may be new but it still has the swishing red lights on the front and Ford is poised to launch a limited edition model for customers to buy called the GT500KR.

Six cars have been built to use in the film, including some for stunt sequences. All of the conversion work was carried out by Galpin Auto Sports, which has worked on MTV's 'Pimp My Ride', and included restyling the cars to look similar to the original Pontiac Trans-Am used in the 1980's television series.

All of the cars have lowered suspension and a supercharger to boost the 4.6-litre V8 to 500bhp. The interior has come in for plenty of attention too, with working video screens, computers and, of course, the voice of the car, KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand). The voice of KITT is played by Will Arnett, who appeared in the comedy film 'Blades of Glory'.

David Hasselhoff has had to take a back seat as he's been replaced with actor Justin Bruening who plays the son of Michael Knight. The 'Hoff' will just have to wait like the rest if us until the made-for-TV film is released on 17 February in the USA.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/13122007/36/kitt-rides-0.html

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
this time the talking car is played by a Ford Mustang...included restyling the cars to look similar to the original Pontiac Trans-Am used in the 1980's television series.

Blasphemy. Why waste a beautiful Mustang by making it look like a POS Pontiac?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oh, I'm supposed to give a shit about some fluff I didn't bother watching in its original incarnation? Engage in a debate over whether David Hasselhoff is getting shafted? Give a rat's flying ass whether David Hasselhoff lives or dies?

Can't do it. Sorry, I'm too fucked up.

Professur

Oh, I'm supposed to give a shit about some fluff I didn't bother watching in its original incarnation? Engage in a debate over whether David Hasselhoff is getting shafted? Give a rat's flying ass whether David Hasselhoff lives or dies?

Can't do it. Sorry, I'm too fucked up.

No .... but they're replacing the coolest car from the '80s ... with a mustang.*gag* If they'd jsut wait a little while longer, they could have the new Camaro.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
You have now lost all respect in my eyes.

In my youth I almost never drag raced my car. I just didn't feel the need for the testosterone rush. I did vow, however, to never be passed by a Camaro. Ever.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, says white trash like a Camaro. Not clotheslines in the front yard, not bucket seats used as porch furniture, not tube tops, nothing.

Professur

They're 4 way ajustable, and recline nicely for star gazing at night ..... and they all fold flat and have drink holders molded into the backs.

JJR512

The GT500KR is an existing show car from Ford/Shelby. The KR in the moniker stands for "King of the Road", not "Knight Rider". The new KITT may be based on the GT500KR, but the car is being sold just for the sake of having an ultra-high-performance Shelby Mustang on the market. In other words, the TV car is based on the actual production car, not the other way 'round. Shelby will produce 1000 GT500KRs, due in dealerships Spring 2008. http://autoshows.ford.com/158/2007/04/03/the-most-powerful-mustang-ever-the-2008-shelby-gt500kr/

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Blasphemy. Why waste a beautiful Mustang by making it look like a POS Pontiac?

Having seen it now, I echo my sentiment. Why in God's name would anybody want to take a magnificent piece of rolling iron like that and desecrate it into a nappy-assed Pontiac?

And prof? You go ahead and wait on your Camaro...I'll take one of these over an entire transport truck loaded with Camaros.

Professur

Huh? I'm no Camaro fan. Wouldn't put one in my drive way. Said that many, many times. I just don't think that replacing a GM with a Ford is right.

But then, the thread started off as a post against the entire revival, not just the desecration of an icon.

chcr

Too cute for words
A Lotus Elise will run rings around either one while getting nearly double the fuel mileage. :shrug:

Re Knight Rider, :yawn:

Djcake

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee another ford thats wants to be a ricer

:fap: WTF why cant we have one that shoots blanks?!?!?!?