Legally Armed Man Protesting at 0bama Townhall

Professur

open carry is technically legal in the state i live in. you'll get arrested immediately if you open carry in an urban area and make people uncomfortable.

this guy is a fucking asshole and nothing else. he needs to get a life.

Remove 'legally carrying a licensed weapon' and insert 'same sex making out' and it sure seems like we've had this conversation before.

2minkey

bootlicker
Remove 'legally carrying a licensed weapon' and insert 'same sex making out' and it sure seems like we've had this conversation before.

ooh golly clever on the syntagmatic substitution but kissing boys never scared the living shit out of anyone, or had the potential to cause a crowd panic at a public event. except, of course, if the crowd is a bunch of retrograde morons. in which case, fuck 'em.

familiar with the "yelling fire in a movie theater" standard for free speech?

Professur

I find it worrying in the extreme that exercising an entrenched right can (supposedly) encite the panic you suggest. As for 'retrograde morons' ... once again, if you can't make your point without resorting to name calling, you've no point to make. Mormons have as much right to their beliefs as you do.

MrBishop

I seriously doubt that two men kissing could cause a panic in a crowd of mormons in the same way as someone pulling a gun or even shouting "Gun!" would, especially considering the circumstances.

Professur

I seriously doubt that two men kissing could cause a panic in a crowd of mormons in the same way as someone pulling a gun or even shouting "Gun!" would, especially considering the circumstances.

Who pulled a gun, or shouted gun? A guy was standing there, with a gun, in a holster. Fin.

You know what really pisses me off? If that guy was wearing any kind of uniform, noone would even blink twice about it.

2minkey

bootlicker
I find it worrying in the extreme that exercising an entrenched right can (supposedly) encite the panic you suggest. As for 'retrograde morons' ... once again, if you can't make your point without resorting to name calling, you've no point to make. Mormons have as much right to their beliefs as you do.

if you fail to understand how an openly visible firearm would be upsetting to a good many people in the context of some kinda public rally/political debate type of thingy, you're irrecoverable at this point.

i again refer you to the yelling fire in the movie theater standard. ever heard of that one?

now if you'll excuse me, i have to get back to my systematic oppression of LDS'ers. :retard:

Professur

Oh, I understand it. Very well indeed. Just like I understand people who drive new cars to the Welfare office while I work 9-5 and drive a clunker. Doesn't disgust me any less, either.

People are 'afraid' of guns because they've signed responsibility for their personal security over to the state, as they've done with any number of things. And are now lining up to do with their personal health. They've accepted that mummy and daddy gov't will protect us all.

Last time I checked, children weren't supposed to vote.

2minkey

bootlicker
Oh, I understand it. Very well indeed. Just like I understand people who drive new cars to the Welfare office while I work 9-5 and drive a clunker. Doesn't disgust me any less, either.

People are 'afraid' of guns because they've signed responsibility for their personal security over to the state, as they've done with any number of things. And are now lining up to do with their personal health. They've accepted that mummy and daddy gov't will protect us all.

Last time I checked, children weren't supposed to vote.
wow. way to overlay a bunch of moralizing nonsense and sloganeering bullshit onto a very simple distinction. mama government blah blah blah yawn gag puke. this ain't the wild west and you ain't clint eastwood. there are contexts where having a firearm in plain view are fine. there are contexts where having a firearm in plain view are simply dumb. some kind of political rally/town hall/wherever, where tempers frequently flare, is an inappropriate venue for open carry. what's next, open carry in divorce court?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Damn, Chris is argumentative. IT"S LOADED!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's a gun. So what.

Professur

I wonder if this guy was another plant by the Freedomworks lobbyists.

I'm reading on another site that another camera angle clearly shows a 'matrix agent' style earpiece. That, and his sign wasn't current, but recycled from a 'tea party' months back.

2minkey said:
wow. way to overlay a bunch of moralizing nonsense and sloganeering bullshit onto a very simple distinction. mama government blah blah blah yawn gag puke. this ain't the wild west and you ain't clint eastwood. there are contexts where having a firearm in plain view are fine. there are contexts where having a firearm in plain view are simply dumb. some kind of political rally/town hall/wherever, where tempers frequently flare, is an inappropriate venue for open carry. what's next, open carry in divorce court?

Sorry, but anyone who can't be trusted to carry a weapon based on 'tempers might flare' really shouldn't be out in public at all. After all, he obviously can't be trusted with a baseball bat. Sporting events are far to emotionally charged. Can't drive ... someone might cut him off and make him loose his temper while in control of a 2000lbs guided missile. Obviously can't be trusted to pick a mate ... emotions while in love clearly impair judgement.

Just out of curiosity ... why do you accept so easily that cops and security should be allowed to carry weapons in exactly the situations that J6P isn't?