Legally Armed Man Protesting at 0bama Townhall

2minkey

bootlicker
Sorry, but anyone who can't be trusted to carry a weapon based on 'tempers might flare' really shouldn't be out in public at all. After all, he obviously can't be trusted with a baseball bat. Sporting events are far to emotionally charged. Can't drive ... someone might cut him off and make him loose his temper while in control of a 2000lbs guided missile. Obviously can't be trusted to pick a mate ... emotions while in love clearly impair judgement.

way to drive reasonable, civilized compromises into the absurd. next you're going to argue that you have the right to watch television, smoke, and have sex all at the same time while driving. or, perhaps, that you have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Just out of curiosity ... why do you accept so easily that cops and security should be allowed to carry weapons in exactly the situations that J6P isn't?

i never said that, did i?

2minkey

bootlicker

matthews is unbearable in this... i'm tempted to say he's as dumb as all those other folks that concentrate on being on the right team rather than the issue at hand.

"are you a birther!!???" say it!!! say it!!!"
kinison_l.jpg

Professur

way to drive reasonable, civilized compromises into the absurd. next you're going to argue that you have the right to watch television, smoke, and have sex all at the same time while driving. or, perhaps, that you have the right to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

I never claimed the right ... this is an american issue. And I frequently see people smoke while driving. Frankly, it scares me a lot more than a holstered gun does.

i never said that, did i?

Well, yer barking on about this guy's holstered weapon provoking fear. There's probably 100 or more secret service guys and cops in that crowd too. Don't you think their guns provoke fear too?

MrBishop

Under what law would they have the authority to ask him to leave?

No law...no authority, just common sense. You just go up to the man and say "Your firearm is making other people around you nervous, not to mention that it's drawing negative attention from the Secret Service. You're free to protest, but might I suggest that you do so without a gun on your hip."

2minkey

bootlicker
Well, yer barking on about this guy's holstered weapon provoking fear. There's probably 100 or more secret service guys and cops in that crowd too. Don't you think their guns provoke fear too?

people expect to see guns on uniformed officers (right, because people are sheep and have long ago accepted this *yawn*), and secret service guys carry concealed. so, no, i don't think they provoke the same reaction as a random asshole with an overt handgun in a drop leg tactical holster (i bet all the mall ninjas just wish they was him!).

personally, i'm upset they won't let me ride my horse at concerts. i mean, it's my horse, i can do with it what i choose, ride it where i want. it's my right as a motherfucking american! it don't matter if'n it spooks or inconveniences others, cuz this is all about MY RIGHTS, be damned if they infringe on others.

america, fuck yeah.

Professur

Ah, so by that analogy, the gun might go wild all by it's lonesome and kill someone while it's owner is fighting to control it .....

Gun's don't kill people. People kill people. People kill people with guns. They kill people with cars. They kill people with baseball bats, knives, rope, poison, their fists .....

I'd wager that more people will kill this year using with any of the above than will with guns. Wouldn't mind seeing honest statistics with those numbers, but it's not in the Powers that Be's interest to let folks know that they're far more likely to get run down crossing the street than shot by a gun carrying civilian.

2minkey

bootlicker
obviously, horses should be banned.

you're really making a huge point with "guns don't kill people."

now if you'll excuse me, i need to go email my smith about a getting a feed ramp reshaped.

Cerise

Fave Kinison:

You want to stop world hunger? Stop sending these people food. Don't send these people another bite, folks. You want to send them something, you want to help? Send them U-Hauls. Send them U-Hauls, some luggage, send them a guy out there who says, 'Hey, we been driving out here every day with your food, for, like, the last thirty or forty years, and we were driving out here today across the desert, and it occurred to us that there wouldn't BE world hunger, if you people would LIVE WHERE THE FOOD IS!

YOU LIVE IN A DESERT! YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT! NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE! NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE! YOU SEE THIS? HUH? THIS IS SAND. KNOW WHAT IT'S GONNA BE A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW? IT'S GONNA BE SAND! YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT! GET YOUR STUFF, GET YOUR SHIT, WE'LL MAKE ONE TRIP, WE'LL TAKE YOU TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA -- WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN THEM, ASSHOLES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKNoJ2BzSRU

MrBishop

Gun's don't kill people. People kill people. People kill people with guns. They kill people with cars. They kill people with baseball bats, knives, rope, poison, their fists ......

Which is precisely why most people are not allowed to approach the President or touch him, and certainly not drive their car up to him. All of these are direct H2H weapons, so to speak, as opposed to long-distance weapons, like firearms. You are not going to kill someone with your car while parked across the street from him/her, nor pummel them to death from across the room. You CAN do so with a rifle or handgun. You can switch targets easily regardless of distance with a firearm, you can miss and injure or kill someone else close to, behind, beside or around the target or even between you and your target. And Unlike cars, baseball bats, knives, rope, poison and your fists, guns do NOT have a primary purpose other than injuring or killing people. *

You forgot chainsaws :cutup: - yet another item that would not be allowed around the President.

* A handgun is NOT a hunting weapon, just in case the counterpoint was going THAT way.

Professur

Which is precisely why most people are not allowed to approach the President or touch him, and certainly not drive their car up to him. All of these are direct H2H weapons, so to speak, as opposed to long-distance weapons, like firearms. You are not going to kill someone with your car while parked across the street from him/her, nor pummel them to death from across the room. You CAN do so with a rifle or handgun. You can switch targets easily regardless of distance with a firearm, you can miss and injure or kill someone else close to, behind, beside or around the target or even between you and your target. And Unlike cars, baseball bats, knives, rope, poison and your fists, guns do NOT have a primary purpose other than injuring or killing people. *

You forgot chainsaws :cutup: - yet another item that would not be allowed around the President.

* A handgun is NOT a hunting weapon, just in case the counterpoint was going THAT way.

Again, you forget ... we're not talking Canada. We're not talking Britain. We're talking a nation based on the right of the individual civilian to take up arms against it's rulers at need. A right enshrined in their most treasured document.

And for the record, guns do have other purposes. Preserving life is generally accepted as their primary raison d'etre. Alternately, many people take a great deal of pleasure target shooting. I'd wager precious few Olympic Biathlon rifles have shed blood. Indeed, I expect that fewer than 10% of all firearms in the US, maybe as few as 5% for handguns, have ever been used to take a life. Any life. Indeed, again, I'd love to see the death rates per million for civilian owned firearms and cars in a side by side comparison.

Oh, and just because you asked ...

THE VERSATILITY OF THE G2 Contender® is unmatched by any other handgun in the world. From plinking and small game hunting with rimfire cartridges, to varmint and big game hunting with centerfire rifle cartridges, the G2 Contender will continue to be the handgun of choice for those that pride themselves in wanting only the best.
source

If there is anything the United States is the worlds leading producer of its idiots!

Off topic though, the fact that whack job religious nuts founded this country is evident even today. The Catholic church gets all kinds of flack, but when you look at who is in the trenches, doing charitable works and helping folks in need its usually the Catholics, and not the evangelicals.

All the same we must protect their right to fly their freak flags high and proud, yet we also must protect our commander in chief in every reasonable way possible.