Life in da hood?

flavio

Banned
Are rappers the only musicians who commit violent crimes or something? ....or just the only ones you care to focus on so you can classify and insult them as a group?

How about.....

Gary Glitter

Frank Sinatra's mob connections

Wife beating country music stars

Tommy Lee

Yanni

Skinhead Music

Sid Vicious

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die" - Johny Cash

......are they ignored because they don't help justify your prejudice?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
What was Tommy Lee's crime other than fucking Pamela Anderson so we can all watch?

I don't recall him killing her with his deadly stick.

Edit: stake....

flavio

Banned
starting a riot, assault, and domestic abuse are some I believe.

his bandmate Vince Neil killed his friend driving drunk.....I think that may count too.

unclehobart

Tommy jackslapped her pretty hard once right after she jackslapped him.. but she called the cops first... and being a boy he was the only one capable of violence within a relationship by general prejudice of society.

unclehobart

flavio said:
starting a riot, assault, and domestic abuse are some I believe.

his bandmate Vince Neil killed his friend driving drunk.....I think that may count too.
The drummer for Hanoi Rocks if I'm not mistaken.

Dave

flavio said:
Are rappers the only musicians who commit violent crimes or something? ....or just the only ones you care to focus on so you can classify and insult them as a group?

How about.....

Gary Glitter

Frank Sinatra's mob connections

Wife beating country music stars

Tommy Lee

Yanni

Skinhead Music

Sid Vicious

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die" - Johny Cash

......are they ignored because they don't help justify your prejudice?

while illegal,immoral and socially unacceptable,this list pales in comparison to shooting someone in the head because of an argument.
and what, exactly, does quoting a johnny cash lyric have to do with anything?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
here
Rap deaths

A partial list of rappers who died before their time:

•Scott “Scott La Rock” Sterling, 25. Shot in the head and neck Aug. 26, 1987, while sitting in a Jeep in the South Bronx.

•Eric “Eazy-E” Wright, 31. Died of AIDS on March 26, 1995.

•Randy “Stretch” Walker, 27. Shot during November 1995 car chase in Queens, N.Y.

•Seagram Miller, 26. Drive-by shooting in Oakland, Calif., July 1996.

•Yafeu “Kadafi” Fula, 19. Shot in the head Nov. 10, 1996, in Orange, N.J.

•Tupac Amaru Shakur , 25. Died Sept. 13, 1996, after drive-by shooting in Las Vegas.

•Christopher “Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace, 24. Drive-by shooting on March 9, 1997, in Los Angeles.

•Lamont “Big L” Coleman, 26. Shot nine times in the face and chest Feb. 15, 1999, blocks away from his Harlem home.

•Raymond “Freaky Tah” Rogers, 28. Single shot to the head on March 28, 1999, while leaving a hotel in Queens, N.Y.

•Karnail “Bugz” Pitts, 21. Two gunshots to the back in Detroit in May 1999.

•Christopher “Big Pun” Rios, 28. Heart attack, perhaps because of obesity, Feb. 7, 2000.

•Anthony “Poetic” Berkeley, 35. Colon cancer, July 15, 2001.

•Jason “Jam Master Jay” Mizell, 37. Shot in head in his Queens studio, Oct. 30, 2002.

•Jason “Camoflauge” Johnson, 21. Shot May 19, 2003, while walking outside his studio in Savannah, Ga.

•James “Soulja Slim” Tapp, 25. Gunshots to face and chest, Nov. 26, 2003.

•Russell “Ol’ Dirty Bastard” Jones, 35. Overdosed at studio Nov. 13, 2004, on cocaine and prescription painkillers.

•Deshaun “Proof” Holton, 32. Shot in head in Detroit after-hours club April 11, 2006.

Winky

At least this waste of skin got what was coming to him
immediately! yeppers

rather getting to play around in the court system and possibly getting off scott free (highly likely) and even if he did get convicted he'd have done nothing close to life in prison

Nope he got EXACTLY what was coming to him
within seconds

BLAM four shots yer done Son l8r daze holmes

Everyone should have a CCW
(‘cept mebbe ol Alfie she’s a tad unstable)
that way ya can mete out justice on the spot!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
flavio is slipping. he didn't call this one

Just when you thought Hollywood had reached the limit of things they could blame on President Bush, along comes the director of “Hostel”, Eli Roth. Roth was a guest on Friday’s “Your World with Neil Cavuto”. When asked why horror movies were resurging in such troubling times, Roth pointed directly at the Bush Administration (video link to follow).

NewsBustrs

flavio

Banned
Dave said:
while illegal,immoral and socially unacceptable,this list pales in comparison to shooting someone in the head because of an argument.

Really? How can molesting a pre-teen pale in comparison when you don't even know the circumstances of the shooting?

and what, exactly, does quoting a johnny cash lyric have to do with anything?

Music and shooting, I thought it would be obvious what made me think of the song.

Researchers say country music causes violence.

They also say highwayman is a [edited: personal attack...Gonz]

Altron

Inkara1 said:
Do you actually think that Johnny Cash really shot a man just to watch him die?

No, but since when did you need to know the truth to argue? It's against everything the RW stands for! Blasphemy, says I.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Some rap music (gangsta rap) embraces the criminal lifestyle, and sends the wrong message to youth.

Mind you they used to blame violence on Judas Preist (but we found out that was all about homosexuality)

I don't think rap causes assholes and shit like this to happen, I think the assholes are drawn to gangsta rap.