Life in da hood?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
paul_valaru said:
Some rap music (gangsta rap) embraces the criminal lifestyle, and sends the wrong message to youth.

Mind you they used to blame violence on Judas Preist (but we found out that was all about homosexuality)

I don't think rap causes assholes and shit like this to happen, I think the assholes are drawn to gangsta rap.

Most music embraces criminal lifestyles and sends the wrong message to youth. Rap is just the new whipping boy, and the 'artists' who front for it only add to the problem by acting stupid.

As for Ozzy, Gene, et al, I only have this to add...Tommy Sullivan, January 9, 1988...You can start your search from there. You can also include this name to your list...

Richard Ramirez

...The next list all deals with drug overdoses, which Gonz put in his list...

Brian Jones
Sid Vicious
Dennis Wilson
Bon Scott
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Elvis Presley
Janice Joplin
Phil Lynott
Kurt Cobain
David Ruffin

and many others...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
Most music embraces criminal lifestyles and sends the wrong message to youth. Rap is just the new whipping boy, and the 'artists' who front for it only add to the problem by acting stupid.

As for Ozzy, Gene, et al, I only have this to add...Tommy Sullivan, January 9, 1988...You can start your search from there. You can also include this name to your list...

Richard Ramirez

...The next list all deals with drug overdoses, which Gonz put in his list...

Brian Jones
Sid Vicious
Dennis Wilson
Bon Scott
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Elvis Presley
Janice Joplin
Phil Lynott
Kurt Cobain
David Ruffin

and many others...

how does most music embrace violence? sex and drugs maybe, and yes there are death metal bands who are into satanism, etc.

But gangster rap brings it to a whole new level, a popular genre talking about guns drugs killing cops etc.

as for tommy sullivan searched him, and he seems to be the poster boy for the christian rights crusade against rock and roll, the only semi-credible sight that popped up was saying he and his mom fought a lot, and obviously he was disturbed.

the other case I remember is the boys claiming listening to Judas Preist made them kill there friend, and that defense was thrown out.

or did the beatles really make the manson family kill people?

rock stars die of overdose cause it is the lifestyle associated with being a rock star, rap stars die of violence cause it is the lifestyle associated with being a rap star. The ones that try to live the image die by the image.

Gato_Solo

paul_valaru said:
how does most music embrace violence? sex and drugs maybe, and yes there are death metal bands who are into satanism, etc.

But gangster rap brings it to a whole new level, a popular genre talking about guns drugs killing cops etc.

Sting and the Boys said:
Once that you’ve decided on a killing
First you make a stone of your heart
And if you find that your hands are still willing
Then you can turn a murder into art

There really isn’t any need for bloodshed
You just do it with a little more finesse
If you can slip a tablet into someone’s coffee
Then it avoids an awful lot of mess

It’s murder by numbers, one, two, three
It’s as easy to learn as your abc
Murder by numbers, one, two, three

Now if you have a taste for this experience
And you’re flushed with your very first success
Then you must try a twosome or a threesome
And you’ll find your conscience bothers you much less

Because murder is like anything you take to
It’s a habit-forming need for more and more
You can bump off every member of your family
And anybody else you find a bore

Because it’s murder by numbers, one, two, three

Now you can join the ranks of the illustrious
In history’s great dark hall of fame
All our greatest killers were industrious
At least the ones that we all know by name

But you can reach the top of your profession
If you become the leader of the land
For murder is the sport of the elected
And you don’t need to lift a finger of your hand

Because it’s murder by numbers, one, two, three
It’s as easy to learn as your a, b, c, d, e

paul_valaru said:
as for tommy sullivan searched him, and he seems to be the poster boy for the christian rights crusade against rock and roll, the only semi-credible sight that popped up was saying he and his mom fought a lot, and obviously he was disturbed.

The same can be said for most criminals...

paul_valaru said:
the other case I remember is the boys claiming listening to Judas Preist made them kill there friend, and that defense was thrown out.

Guess you missed Richard Ramirez, who claims his inspiration was AC/DC...

paul_valaru said:
or did the beatles really make the manson family kill people?

No...but you're getting warm...

paul_valaru said:
rock stars die of overdose cause it is the lifestyle associated with being a rock star, rap stars die of violence cause it is the lifestyle associated with being a rap star. The ones that try to live the image die by the image.

Close, but not quite...

A Perfect Murder said:
A Perfect Murder
by A Perfect Murder
album: Blood Covered Words EP (2001)
I watch you quickly destroy.
I watch you slowly bury.
A beauty that we seek to keep.
But mostly impossible to... reach.
Death is the solution.
To kill is your intention.
Death will be yours.
Vicars of pain.
Conveyor of filth.
Spreader of lies.
Now the game is over.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I am not going to beleive that music caused r. ramirez to kill anyone, nor manson, more anyone, these people will kill anyway.

I do not beleive that a fan of N.W.A. is gonna gun down anyone with his AK either.

the part where we have the problem now is with the "fashion" of the genres, with rock we get greasy haired kids wearing dog collars, stupid, but safe.

with most rap we end up with those damn baggy pants, safe, unless walking down stairs.

with some fans of gangsta rap we get the fans wanting to live the thug life the songs promote, and fine they go put rims on moms minivan, but then you get the ones who also want to act the act and go gets the guns that these guys sing about.

then again those numbers are about the same as the metal kids actually sacrifice animals and people to satan.

I just think the cause and effect are reversed people think gangster rap = thugs shooting when it is those shooting thugs are attacted to gangster rap (the fans and the talent)

heavy metal = satan serial killers when the serial killers are just drawn to that music.

I have listened to Metal yet have never sacrificed anyone, I have listened to rap, yet never busted a cap in anyones ass. I love rock from the 60's yet do not plan on drowning in my own vomit anytime soon.

the only evil music is pre packaged pop, it inspires random acts of violence.

Gato_Solo

paul_valaru said:
I am not going to beleive that music caused r. ramirez to kill anyone, nor manson, more anyone, these people will kill anyway.

I do not beleive that a fan of N.W.A. is gonna gun down anyone with his AK either.

the part where we have the problem now is with the "fashion" of the genres, with rock we get greasy haired kids wearing dog collars, stupid, but safe.

with most rap we end up with those damn baggy pants, safe, unless walking down stairs.

with some fans of gangsta rap we get the fans wanting to live the thug life the songs promote, and fine they go put rims on moms minivan, but then you get the ones who also want to act the act and go gets the guns that these guys sing about.

Kinda like Richard Ramirez and Tommy Sullivan, eh?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
Nope. Just hammering the point home.

ok then, but gangsta rap makes guns a fashion assesory, what does metal have, lycra for men? which is more dangerous?

ok now REALLY which is more dangerous.

you wanna be a cool metal guy you die your hair black, get a black trenchcoat, and look like a moron.

you wann be a cool rap guy you get really baggy pants gold chains and a 9mm and look like a moron..an armed moron.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
now really which is scarier

JUDAS%20PRIEST.jpg
these guys looking like they just escaped an exposion at a leather studding plant

or

nwa.jpg

the guys with the guns?

freako104

paul_valaru said:

then again those numbers are about the same as the metal kids actually sacrifice animals and people to satan.

I just think the cause and effect are reversed people think gangster rap = thugs shooting when it is those shooting thugs are attacted to gangster rap (the fans and the talent)

heavy metal = satan serial killers when the serial killers are just drawn to that music.

I have listened to Metal yet have never sacrificed anyone, I have listened to rap, yet never busted a cap in anyones ass. I love rock from the 60's yet do not plan on drowning in my own vomit anytime soon.

the only evil music is pre packaged pop, it inspires random acts of violence.

I would you made some decent points though I think it is not just the music that made the people commit these crimes.

And as per the first post

All those bands are more about show than music though all made good music IMO

Gato_Solo

paul_valaru said:
now really which is scarier

JUDAS%20PRIEST.jpg
these guys looking like they just escaped an exposion at a leather studding plant

or

nwa.jpg

the guys with the guns?

Didn't figure you'd play the 'race' card. Just because you have a picture of black men with guns, they're more fearsome than white guys with bad hair. How about this pic...

tednugent_weekendwarriors.jpg

Winky

Leading cause of death of young white males

car accidents

young black males?

homicide

guess they need rap music

and white bois need, drivers ed!

poor Gato having to pit drug OD's and suicides

against murder

sry buddy give it up

the Coz is right heh heh

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
Didn't figure you'd play the 'race' card. Just because you have a picture of black men with guns, they're more fearsome than white guys with bad hair. How about this pic...

tednugent_weekendwarriors.jpg

not the race card, jsut 2 bands we where talking about NWA and Judas Priest google image search and both pics are on the first page. and yes black guy with guns are more fearsome than white guys with bad hair, jsut like white guys with guns are more fearsome than black gusy with bad hair.

and what looks to be an M-16 and a silenced uzi is still scarier than a guitargun.

Gato_Solo

paul_valaru said:
not the race card, jsut 2 bands we where talking about NWA and Judas Priest google image search and both pics are on the first page. and yes black guy with guns are more fearsome than white guys with bad hair, jsut like white guys with guns are more fearsome than black gusy with bad hair.

and what looks to be an M-16 and a silenced uzi is still scarier than a guitargun.

Here's a good trivia question for ya'. When did California first start advocating gun control, and why?

Gato_Solo

paul_valaru said:
I don't like mondays?

Nope..It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Take a look here...

Before the Winkmeister twists this too much, also look at the history of why it happened...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
Nope..It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Take a look here...

Before the Winkmeister twists this too much, also look at the history of why it happened...

I chuckle at winky, but when he posts in the general winky patois, I take nothing seriously

ok, so it was to stop the Black Panthers police patrols, 1960's was it a plain racist kneejerk reaction, or stopping a vigilante organization, my guess is a bit of both. Though I fail to see how it is in context with this discussion..unless you mean black guys with guns is scary.

ANYONE with guns is scary