• Marriage is both a Rite and a Right

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Marriage is neither a Rite nor a Right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

ResearchMonkey

So you want more government interference in people's personal life.
Give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's.

1281471951356.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I agree that no-fault divorce is responsible for such a high divorce rate.

Smoke & mirrors.

The first marriage divorce rate is massively less than the statistics show. Something like a third, or fewer. However, those who can't get one right seem to destroy several.

valkyrie

I almost had a homosexual experience once. I had been drinking heavily, I was ~21'ish. I woke up to some guy, Ben DeCordova, who had unzipped my pants and was trying to wrangle my wiener out of my pants into his mouth. I woke up to this and beat him with the coffee table.

Predatory behavior to feed an addiction. In the end, a few years later, Ben was killed by his sexual malfunctions.
Oh, shit... I wish I'd placed a bet on this. I had a feeling this was going to come out sooner or later.

valkyrie

When was the first same-sex marriage?
It was not unusual for Greeks to have same-sex lovers if they were single. This was perfectly acceptable and even encouraged. Once a man was married the same-sex relationship was supposed to end and their sexual energies were supposed to be focused on reproduction. There is nothing mentioned about women, whether their relationships continued after marriage. And I doubt that the male same-sex relationships ended when the man was married.

MrBishop

you got it right there.

"Having eyes, yet they cannot see."
You forget that I worked for the church for several years. There are plenty of bully-pulpits in all religions and many who refuse to see personal agendas when they're spoken from said pulpits.

The church is not there to preach government policy any more than the government is there to preach church policy...unfortunately, most don't see that.

It's not up to the gvt to say to a church/synagogue/temple/mosque who they may or may not serve, bless or marry.... there is no argument there.

The gvt's job is to ensure the rights and freedoms of the people it serves and to ensure that these rights and freedoms are given equally to all the people it serves. Nobody goes to the front of the line..nobody is kicked to the back of the (bus) line. Justice is blind. Freedom and human rights should equally be blind.

Argue that out, if you can.

catocom

The church is not there to preach government policy any more than the government is there to preach church policy...unfortunately, most don't see that.

it wasn't that way most of my life, but it's very much so now.
With the uptick on limiting Christian religious freedom, the uptick in
preachers talking about it.

Churches will start to be taxed any time now.
Some have already electively started, just so the Can speak out about politics.

Jesus did, why not?

catocom

If you watch O'Rielly, you can find out.

How about...No prying in school?

there's you a teaser... Stay tuned

ResearchMonkey

Huh, I was taught that above all elese: I am the church, that I am the minister of my family. that it's my duty to to guide my family an instill moral values.

Organized religion is always political, some organized churches fit better than other.. That doesn't mean they can't have a voice in public policy, they just can't dictate it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So, I have four answers but no links wiuth hard evidence as to a same-sex marriage...key word italicized.