Marxism has taken hold

Frodo

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff". -Frank Zappa

I'll bet Frank doesn't know how right he was. People like to own stuff and take much better care of it when they do. The old Soviets learned that when they (doubled, tripled? not sure just how much) their food production by finally granting farmers a small plot of land to call their own. The rest of the vast acres of "the peoples land" sat dormant. Why bust your butt if there is no profit?

tonksy

I think I'd really like Frank Zappa. His quotes are so to the point yet amusing...but I can't do the music, man.

chcr

Too cute for words
I think I'd really like Frank Zappa.
Would have, he's deceased. I myself particularly enjoyed his comments to and about Tipper Gore.
Mr. Z. said:
I have four children, and I want them to grow up in a country with a WORKING first amendment.

His quotes are so to the point yet amusing...but I can't do the music, man.
Clearly, you are unaware that Frank wrote and performed the very greatest song ever composed.
...titties and beer, titties and beer, titties and beer, titties and beer, titties and beer, titties and beer, titties and beer...

JTP

I think I'd really like Frank Zappa. His quotes are so to the point yet amusing...but I can't do the music, man.

Tonks, FZ did so much, in so many styles and genres, from doo-wop, psychedelic rock, to jazz and classical, that you are bound to like at least some of it. Especially when Sugar Cane Harris is playin the fiddle. I'm always slipping some Zappa in at parties, cookouts, etc. and people say, "this is really good, who is it"? and they are surprised that it's Uncle Frank. Most folks only know "Yellow Snow" or "Valley Girl". Anyways, got a cookout party this afternoon, so- see ya on the Inets tubes tomorra!:beerbang:

tonksy

Your probably right...Rob just has a penchant for the weird shit (Yellow Snow or one with a really long title, I forget). I wholeheartedly recognize him as a music talent...I just...I dunno.

I knew he was dead. I suppose I should have amended my tense.

JTP

Before I blast off, here's another book ref:
The REAL Frank Zappa Book 1989 Poseidon Press or 1990 Simon&Shuster
ISBN 0-671-70572-5
Funny stuff mixed with real insight into how music is structured. Frank was a business-like, serious guy who just happened to have a sense of humor. Old-school conservative who loved true freedom. If you can get past his goofy, intentionally non-P.C. lyrics, you start to hear some really challenging, intelligent music being played by groups of skilled musicians. (Steps down from musical soapbox and prepares to party)

JTP

Your probably right...Rob just has a penchant for the weird shit (Yellow Snow or one with a really long title, I forget). I wholeheartedly recognize him as a music talent...I just...I dunno.

I knew he was dead. I suppose I should have amended my tense.

Taken out early by prostate cancer.
Pumpkin seeds prevent prostate cancer- get your fella to eat some every day.

JTP

Better dead than red. Ooh, wait. Isn't red s'posed to be the good color now? I get so confused...

:D

I distinctly remember when red stood for Dem and blue stood for G.O.P.
Bait & Switch to confuse us?

chcr

Too cute for words
I distinctly remember when red stood for Dem and blue stood for G.O.P.
Bait & Switch to confuse us?

Well now... if'n you were as... experienced, yeah thats it, experienced as me then you'd remember when "red" referred to them godless Rooski and Chinkish commies.

Anything to keep the common folk in fear.

BTW, do you look at politics today and think "bread and circuses?" I know I do. ;)

JTP

Well now... if'n you were as... experienced, yeah thats it, experienced as me then you'd remember when "red" referred to them godless Rooski and Chinkish commies.

BTW, do you look at politics today and think "bread and circuses?" I know I do. ;)

How 'bout crumbs and foolishness?:eh:

2minkey

bootlicker
how about the three Bs?
booze
bullshit
and buttfuckin'

bad+santa.JPG

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

Like they need it. People fear anything outside of the status quo to a certain extent. Others go to the extreme in opposing it to look like individuals. Unfortunately, those 'rebels' are, mostly, nothing more than idiots and posuers only trying to get laid.

Keeps the 'status quo' folks in line and the 'rebels' in check. Can't rebel against something if you don't really understand what it is, now, can you?

spike

Like they need it. People fear anything outside of the status quo to a certain extent. Others go to the extreme in opposing it to look like individuals. Unfortunately, those 'rebels' are, mostly, nothing more than idiots and posuers only trying to get laid.

So you're saying there's no real individuals. Just sheep amd idiots trying not to be sheep.

You kinda just make stuff up and then type it huh?