Massachusetts 2010: Brown vs. Coakley

ResearchMonkey

Ha! the kid was a heckler too. Once dear ol' dad got hemmed-up the kid started in and too was forcibly ejected from the nearly full venue.

Cerise

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm....it would've been sweet.

Not all of the kiddies are 0bamotized.

I figured there some who just aren't impressed:

obamashruggingtbi087x08.jpg

or would like to kick him in the ankle.

chcr

Too cute for words
Teddys dead. It is, though, the Democrats seat.

The seat belongs to the people of Massachusetts (in theory anyway). The Democrats by law are allowed to name Mr. Kennedy's successor. Interesting the sense of entitlement certain folks feel though, isn't it?

2minkey

bootlicker
wait, so it's weird, in this thread i'm just learning now that people try to leverage their power and influence in politics. oh the wisdom, how it grows.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Democrats by law are allowed to name Mr. Kennedy's successor.

After re-changing the law (back to where it was) since John (he served in Vietnam) Kerry & Teddy got it changed to protect that seat under a sitting Republican Governor.

catocom

Coakley and the so-called healthcare bill are done.
I think they know it now, but maybe not.

Having eyes they cannot see....many times.

BROWN RULZ! :hairbang:

Dave

I'll be surprised if he wins though. The Democratic Machine is all powerful and all corrupt. Martha was seen in D.C. a couple weeks ago apartment hunting, just after the Globe pronounced her up 17 points in the polls. Recent polls put it at a statistical tie, which means she will probably somehow squeak out a significant victory.
Hope I'm wrong. She gets in she will be beholden to the Masters of Corruption on Beacon Hill. Republicans come out of nowhere, but Democrats are all hand picked.

ResearchMonkey

I hope she signed an expensive contract for an apartment. Polls have it as Brown taking it hands downs at this point.

Cat. -- The dems are looking at passing the Senate version of the bill in the house, as is, in the face of what we the people think about commie-care.

catocom

you know....I have doubts, that they can even get 51 by the time it gets there.

Things are stirring.

ResearchMonkey

If the House can pass the Senate version unchanged... it goes to Obamasan's desk.

Although that presents some problems also.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They hold the House & The Senate. Yet, the all-important healthcare bill didn't fly through. Wassup wit dat?