Maybe I'm just dumb...

PrincessLissa

...well, acctualy we all know I am. I figured out how to change my backround color, but I can't figure it out now.

Also, can someone explain to me what this Karma thing is?

Thanks!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
PrincessLissa said:
...well, acctualy we all know I am. I figured out how to change my backround color, but I can't figure it out now.

Also, can someone explain to me what this Karma thing is?

Thanks!
You can't change your background color, at least not for your posts. If you mean the OTC style you're using, that's under Options in your User Control Panel

Karma is a user-given rating point system. Each of your posts can be rated by any other user once, and depending on how much karma giving power they have, and whether they selected to approve or disapprove of your post, they will add to or subtract from your karma.

Everyone starts out with 10 karma and 1 point of karma-giving power when they first register.

For each 1000 posts, 365 days of registration, or 100 points of Karma, a user is given one more point of karma-giving power. So for instance, if you have 2500 posts, have been registered for a year and a half, and have 130 Karma points, you will have 5 points of karma-giving power. 1 that you started out with, 2 for the 2000 posts, 1 for the 365 days, and 1 for the 100 karma points (there are no fractions for karma-giving power).

You must have at least 10 (positive) karma points and 100 posts before your karma clicks will count. You may give out 20 karma clicks over any 24 hour period, and you must click on 10 different users in order to click on the same person again.

You can (or should be able to, I'm still not fully versed in all this new stuff and all about how it works yet :eek: ) find out how much karma you have in your user control panel, if you have been given any.

PrincessLissa

I found the karma numbe and I've recently been given 13. SO I thikn that means that is my 10 I started with, one for registering and then the other two came from somewhere...people giving it to me?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
No, you start out with 1 point of karma altering power (e.g. you can give or take away 1 point of anyone's karma). You start out with 10 karma points. So someone with 3 points of karma altering power gave you some karma (or someone with 1 and someone else with 2 :tardbang: )

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Bragging rights, maybe later on we will add some benefits for having high karma, depends on how easily everyone reaches a certain level. (Obviously don't want to start out the added benefits at a level like 100 points and then end up with everybody being able to get 100 points easy, so we're gonna feel it out for a while before messing around with it)

Hector

I dont know who it is, I dont know where you got it....and I dont care....

But it works for you....lol

fury

Administrator
Staff member
'Twas during the time everyone was putting in sexy chick poses for avs... and immediately the 7up truck driver calendar commercial came to mind... :lol: "Sexy, kind of!" :brow: