Me & Mrs. Palin

catocom

Another extreme: no government laws/regulations at all. There are some laws that are necessary, such as protecting one land owner from the actions of another. Taxes for roads, infrastructure and education are some of the most necessary government spending... we all use it (even if we don't have a vehicle, or children).

That's my point. ;) Thank you.

not true in all cases.
That's the thing...
libertarians are very diverse in many aspects between different people.

valkyrie

not true in all cases.
That's the thing...
libertarians are very diverse in many aspects between different people.
The Libertarian Platform
Includes positions on such subjects as Health Care and Retirement, and "efforts by government to redistribute wealth" which I do not agree with. There will always be individuals in our society that will need a helping hand (I support lifetime limits on this assistance, though), and without a government mandated minimum wage unskilled workers (and there will always be this class of workers) would be kept below a sustainable wage level. (This is how it was prior to the minimum wage act.)

I do find that food stamps and Medicaid are too often used as corporate welfare for companies like McDonalds and Target to supplement the wages of their employees. You can still work and get food stamps and Medicaid for the kids if your wages fall into the "poverty" level.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

There is a place for government. It must be strictly limited.

1.0 Personal Liberty

Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make.

spike

so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

So you've switched and are for gay marriage, abortion rights, and freedom to divorce now? That's good news.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Let me think....

Homosexual marriage -No. Unlike you, I wish to change nothing.

Abortion rights - I've never been against the right to an abortion.

Divorce - I'm not against divorce. I'm against no-fault. You entered into a lifetime contract. Ther had damn well better be a good reason to dissolve that contract.

BTW, the richer you are, the more government resources you use. That is a fact, and I have never heard anyone with a valid argument against that truth.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah that's one of the saddest analogies i've seen in years.

but, for sure, it's communism. it's all communism!!!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sad analogy? It's perfectly precise. New workers are needed to pay for the old workers. What do you find incorrect jed eye master minkey won?

By the way, yea, communism does fit too.

spike

What the hell? Can we stop being so dramatic?

If Medicare resembles a Ponzi scheme than private insurance does even more because of the obscene profits some people make.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Take your pick

blindmanscanes.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
Sad analogy? It's perfectly precise. New workers are needed to pay for the old workers. What do you find incorrect jed eye master minkey won?

By the way, yea, communism does fit too.

bwaaah thanks i needed a laugh...