Medicinal marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oh SnP is 100% infallible and always right. By gawd mari-ju-wanna is EVIL, and only HEATHENS would smoke it for any reason! Cancer patients, who'd prefer not to suffer ought to be JAILED, and then MADE to SUFFER like "GAWD" wanted them to in the first place!

Show me where I said that.

I said SORE FEET whiners.

Learn to read.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
BTW, that just impresses the crap out of me, a probation officer, who'd be more than willing to commit a crime because someone pisses him off. I can see you have so much personal integrity, it's just wonderful people like you hold such positions in local government.

Any respect I ever might have had for you, has vanished entirely.

I could not possibly care less. Your respect is way down my priority list.

spike

In other words, you chose to suffer rather than take advantage of an accepted and fully understood course of treatment. Certainly your right. Do you expect everyone else to make the same choice simply because you did?

Well said.

He chose to take much harder and more addictive drugs and yet would like to criminalize people who use a lighter treatment.

spike

Where's your cutoff for pain pills that should be limited to terminal only? Why not let doctors decide?

catocom

Where's your cutoff for pain pills that should be limited to terminal only? Why not let doctors decide?

One of the cutoffs is with narcotics not approved by the FDA.

Responsible doctors will not prescribe narcotics long term. They are restricted
by law actually. (not sure if that's state or fed)

My granddad was prescribed THC pills some time back for his Glaucoma.
It didn't agree with him, But I can see the use in some instances like that.
He's been doing pretty well now for decades without it though, and takes
no other narcotic.
He was prescribed Darvocet, but doesn't take them either ATM.

tonksy

SnP often doesn't put a screenname down when he makes insults and physical threats. Is that all it takes to get around the rules?

Seems a bit more serious than Error's infraction doesn't it?

I was referring to SnP too...and you'll remember that I am not responsible for Error's little sojourn to KK.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He chose to take much harder and more addictive drugs and yet would like to criminalize people who use a lighter treatment.

It's been criminal activity for about a century. It cures nothing. We have a thousand legally prescribed pain medications available. Do we really need to make a illegal controlled substance legal when we're alrady fighting to end another smokable addiciotn? Cannibus or tobacco, it's all smoke.

tonksy

castiron.gif

spike

It cures nothing.

Neither do pain pills. What's your point?

We have a thousand legally prescribed pain medications available. Do we really need to make a illegal controlled substance legal when we're alrady fighting to end another smokable addiciotn?

Yes, it has certain advantages that other drugs don't AND isn't physically addictive like most pain pills.

Give sick people all the options.

chcr

Too cute for words
some.
There are differences within that range.

See cat, I feel like the only humane thing to do is to give terminally ill patients who are in severe pain or really, any pain at all anything that makes them feel better. Anything (up to and including a way out, but that's another argument). They're dykng, let them do it with some dignity and as littel pain as necessary, huh?

Gonz, the whole point of "medicinal marijuana" is to make it a legally prescribable treatment. The side effects are certainly more pleasant and less harmful than some of the legally prescribed painkillers that I currently avoid taking until I can't stand it anymore.

catocom

See cat, I feel like the only humane thing to do is to give terminally ill patients who are in severe pain or really, any pain at all anything that makes them feel better. Anything (up to and including a way out, but that's another argument). They're dykng, let them do it with some dignity and as littel pain as necessary, huh?

I do too.
I misread.
I read it as other than...

My bad.

post 124 got me turned around

Status
Not open for further replies.