MLB 2006 trade deadline thread

Inkara1

Well... three scoreless innings from Wells, including a strike-em-out-throw-em-out to end the third. He's at 49 pitches. I'm keeping my excitement tempered, but this is a good first three innings.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Where did we get him from again? Pittsburg? The AL batters by and large haven't faced him. Let's see how he does the next time they see him.

Don't get me wrong...I hope he turns into another Mariano Rivera. I just ain't holding my breath.

Inkara1

Four scoreless now... including a huge strikeout of Torii Hunter with a man on third and two outs.

Meanwhile, we're up 7-0... should've been 4-0 but two Minnesota errors have proven costly.

Now we're into the Minnesota bullpen... so I don't think we'll be able to add much to the 7-0 lead. But seven runs should be plenty of run support... SHOULD.

Inkara1

Five scoreless... the fourth and fifth inning were the ones I was most interested in seeing, because that's where the starters seemed to fall apart during the losing streak.

Inkara1

Lifted after two straight singles to start the sixth. I'd have liked to have seen Bucky leave him out there to try to finish six, but the inconsistency with how he handles pitchers is a big reason why so many fans want his ass canned.

Inkara1

One of those runners ended up scoring, so Wells went five innings and was charged with one run. I still think Buck should have let him try to finish the sixth.