MLB

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
My God, did I just defend a New York (gag) Yankee in public?
I wrote it down on my calender. :lol2:

Comment: The assholes are hardly limited to Boston. The sad thing is, this jerk's friends are probably congratulating him for getting on TV.

Dave

local papers talked with the people sitting around the guy that took a swing at Sheffield.
half said it looked intentional, the other half thought it wasnt.
the guys girlfriend insisted that he is the greatest guy in the world and would never do something like that.

the best thing is the Sox are done playing the Yankees for awhile now.

Dave

let the injuries begin.
Wells went out with a bruised foot and will be out for 4-6 weeks.
Schilling just went out with a bone bruise. no idea how long he will be out.

Inkara1

Spot said:
Wells went out with a bruised foot and will be out for 4-6 weeks.
I went to a sports bar the other day and ordered a pitcher full of beer. They brought me David Wells. :D

It's just about baseball season again. Anyone ready for their peerless preseason prognostications?

I'm watching the Rangers this year with a lot of anticipation. I'm interested to see how the new rotation (Millwood, Eaton, Padilla, Loe and a fifth dude... I'm hoping it's Dickey with his new knuckleball, but I can pretty well guarantee it won't be Dominguez) plays out. Last year, the starting pitching wasn't super-terrible but the bullpen sucked a fat one because a few key guys got hurt. Hopefully Otsuka won't wilt in the heat and things will be stable so Cordero won't be jerked around all the time like he was last year. I think getting rid of Soriano was actually a good thing, since he's an error machine at second base and a strikeout machine at the plate. The Rangers aren't short for bats, but making the routine plays at second would be a lot of help.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oh yeah, it's almost time for the Rangers to break my heart. Again. Every July since 1979 except two. Then they at least waited until the first round of the playoffs to rip my heart out and wipe their muddy cleats on it.

Dickey will never be anything but a money pit.

Methinks we'll see a subway series this year. Dammit.

Dave

Inkara1 said:
I went to a sports bar the other day and ordered a pitcher full of beer. They brought me David Wells. :D
:lol:

Oh yeah, it's almost time for the Rangers to break my heart. Again.
spoken like a true Red Sox fan

wait....can i start saying that again yet?.....

woodman19_99

Spot said:
spoken like a true Red Sox fan

wait....can i start saying that again yet?.....

I don't see why not! 1 in 86 years is not going to cut it for me, especially with me living in enemey territory right now, I need to not get ripped quite as much by Yankee fans...

HomeLAN

I don't think we'll make the playoffs this year. While the rookies from last year should improve with experience, we've just bled off too many veterans to properly train them. When you're shuffling off guys like Johnny Estrada, it's bound to hurt, even if you replace him with a Brian McCann. Rentaria will end up a good trade, I think, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him suck for the first half as he makes the adjustment.

If we get into October, I'll be shocked.

woodman19_99

A fitting joke for this thread:

"3 Baseball fans are driving together on I-95 when they pull over to relieve themselves on the side of the road. When they get out of the car they discover the naked dead body of a woman.

They call the police from their cell phone, but decide that it's not proper for her to be laying there naked; so, the Mets Fan takes off his cap and covers the woman's right breast. The Red Sox Fan takes off his cap and covers the woman's left breast. The Yankees Fan takes off his cap and covers her crotch.

A few minutes later a policeman arrives. He takes out his notepad & begins to write down some notes. He removes the Mets cap from the right breast, looks closely at the body, returns the cap to the right breast, and jots down some notes.

The policeman then takes the Red Sox cap off the left breast, looks closely at the body, returns the cap to the left breast & jots down some notes.

The policeman removes the Yankees cap from the crotch, looks closely at the body, returns the cap to the crotch & jots down some notes. The policeman then removes the Yankees cap again, looks, & jots down some notes. One more time he removes the Yankees cap & makes more notes.

Finally, one of the guys from the car asks the policeman what his fascination with the crotch is.

The policeman responds "Most of the time we see these Yankee Caps, there's assholes underneath".