Move over Tupperware.

Uki Chick

Georgia has strange laws...men and women in the same home whilst sex toy parties are going on constitutes solicitation :rolleyes:

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's your house, you pay the taxes, clean the property, etc, etc, etc, so who they hell are they to tell you what you can and cannot do in your own home?

tonksy

They are the fine upstanding state of Georgia. That's just Georgia. 2 years ago they lumped genital piercings in with genital mutilation when they passed a law against the practice...why? Because they simply couldn't imagine anyone doing that deliberately.

Inkara1

Real beer only became legal a couple of years ago... and it's a felony to ship beer into the state without a distributor's license.

unclehobart

I still remember when they passed a law making it a felony to use a needle on someone without a medical degree... which was immediately hit with all manner of emergency injunctions because it left nurses, tattoo artists, ear piercers, paramedics, nursing home staff, and diabetics out in the cold.

unclehobart

Official Code of Georgia
16-12-80. Distributing obscene materials; obscene material defined; penalty.

(a) A person commits the offense of distributing obscene materials when he sells, lends, rents, leases, gives, advertises, publishes, exhibits, or otherwise disseminates to any person any obscene material of any description, knowing the obscene nature thereof, or offers to do so, or possesses such material with the intent to do so, provided that the word "knowing," as used in this Code section, shall be deemed to be either actual or constructive knowledge of the obscene contents of the subject matter; and a person has constructive knowledge of the obscene contents if he has knowledge of facts which would put a reasonable and prudent person on notice as to the suspect nature of the material; provided, however, that the character and reputation of the individual charged with an offense under this law, and, if a commercial dissemination of obscene material is involved, the character and reputation of the business establishment involved may be placed in evidence by the defendant on the question of intent to violate this law. Undeveloped photographs, molds, printing plates, and the like shall be deemed obscene notwithstanding that processing or other acts may be required to make the obscenity patent or to disseminate it.

(b) Material is obscene if:

(1) To the average person, applying contemporary community standards, taken as a whole, it predominantly appeals to the prurient interest, that is, a shameful or morbid interest in nudity, sex, or excretion;
(2) The material taken as a whole lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value; and
(3) The material depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined in subparagraphs (A) through (E) of this paragraph:
(A) Acts of sexual intercourse, heterosexual or homosexual, normal or perverted, actual or simulated;
(B) Acts of masturbation;
(C) Acts involving excretory functions or lewd exhibition of the genitals;
(D) Acts of bestiality or the fondling of sex organs of animals; or
(E) Sexual acts of flagellation, torture, or other violence indicating a sadomasochistic sexual relationship.
(c) Additionally, any device designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs is obscene material under this Code section.

(d) Material not otherwise obscene may be obscene under this Code section if the distribution thereof, the offer to do so, or the possession with the intent to do so is a commercial exploitation of erotica solely for the sake of their prurient appeal.

(e) It is an affirmative defense under this Code section that dissemination of the material was restricted to:

(1) A person associated with an institution of higher learning, either as a member of the faculty or a matriculated student, teaching or pursuing a course of study related to such material; or
(2) A person whose receipt of such material was authorized in writing by a licensed medical practitioner or psychiatrist.
(f) A person who commits the offense of distributing obscene material shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

MrBishop

So much for sight gags like "Plastic doggie-do" selling heavily in Georgia :hmm:

*Good luck with the sale, Tonks! Hope that you have a blast!

unclehobart

Doesn't that law mean it's illegal to sell a vibrator?
Yes. Except for the workaround of:

(e) It is an affirmative defense under this Code section that dissemination of the material was restricted to:

(1) A person associated with an institution of higher learning, either as a member of the faculty or a matriculated student, teaching or pursuing a course of study related to such material; or
(2) A person whose receipt of such material was authorized in writing by a licensed medical practitioner or psychiatrist.

I do know that it is illegal to posess a vibrator in Atlanta... but not anywhere else. Its just illegal to sell them. Thank god for the internet and discrete brown paper wrapped packages.

unclehobart

You guys were over in a non-Atlanta county. I'm speaking only of Fulton and DeKalb counties... which is the downtown 500,000 of the 4,o0o,0o0 of the area.

tonksy

I do believe that my friend can not hold parties in Fulton county...I shall bend her ear over it this evening to find out more.

tonksy

I haven't heard any weather related cancellations yet....might make for less folks having a pomegranate margarita though...

unclehobart

It should only stress out people on the drive over. Once here everyone should be fine.

I just wonder how I'm supposed to walk over to the neighbors without becoming a drowned rat.