MP3, Sound Players

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
What do you use? I've used MusicMatch for about a year now, liked it pretty well, but now that I'm getting my music off my wifes pc over the network again, it seems really slow doing things like building the library. So, I downloaded Winamp again (Used it for about 2 years before MusicMatch). I'm pretty impressed, it does well building the library, not quite the same library functions, but easy enough to figure out, and the skins are killer.

[attachment]181077[/attachment]

Jeslek

Banned
Winamp 2.78. I like it simple.

winamp.jpg

Inkara1

WinAmp 2.80

To burn CDs, I use WinAmp to convert them to .wav files, then open them up in Creative Wave Studio to remove excessive empty space from the beginning and end, and equalize the volume from song to song.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i use winamp 2.80, which is plain and simple, and since my soundcards sucks bigtime, any other sophisticated program is kinda useless.... i can't hear the difference anyway.

MuFu

Foobar2000. Sounds the best and is very simple. :)

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=181203[/attachment]

Mirlyn

PuterTutor said:
Jesus Christ you are a music whore aren't you?

Thats after a hefty pruning last week (sitting at ~12,700 songs now). My friends' got the full list, which is ~23k songs and about 77 gigs. Probably 80-something now.

Used to run a radiostation. :) Now I just do internet broadcasting.

I still need to cut a few out......heard one song last night that has blips in it. :grumpy: The real bitch is finding that song again and deleting it.

Mirlyn

BTW, tried Winamp3 but it crashes when I try to load the entire list. 2.81 is one of the only versions of the only program I've found that *doesn't* crash.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Mirlyn said:
BTW, tried Winamp3 but it crashes when I try to load the entire list. 2.81 is one of the only versions of the only program I've found that *doesn't* crash.

Hmmm. Well, you know. Not all of us have a 12,000 song playlist. Fucker. I've got just under 2,000 right now, and it does fine with it. Wonder what the limit is?

Mirlyn

PuterTutor said:
Mirlyn said:

Hmmm. Well, you know. Not all of us have a 12,000 song playlist. Fucker. I've got just under 2,000 right now, and it does fine with it. Wonder what the limit is?

Well, even for small lists....Winamp3 uses much more memory. I'll download 3 and do a screenshot....

See this.

Winamp3 is loaded with 149 songs. Winamp 2.81 is loaded with my full list (12,619). Winamp3 is using 23mb of memory and 2.81 is using 17mb. Winamp 2.81 has a few plugins going too....SHOUTcast output, crossfader, and the line-in input. Winamp3 was just freshly installed--no plugins selected. :shurg: