Music trivia

Oz

tonks said:
oz - buster?

Was a rather cheesy movie where Phil Collins played one of the great train robbers from the 60's :D (don't bother renting it, it's shite ;)

But, on a more positive note, I have remembered the name of a song he coveverd "You Can't Hurry Love" one of the old motown wotsits :swing:

tonksy

okay...so we have groovy kind of love and can't hurry love....next person with an answer shall be the big weiner...shall i hint? think 80's and orange hair for the original artist (of one more cover, anyway)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonks said:
okay...so we have groovy kind of love and can't hurry love....next person with an answer shall be the big weiner...shall i hint? think 80's and orange hair for the original artist (of one more cover, anyway)

Cyndi Lauper?

Oz

tonks said:

Hmm, Orange hair? 80's? That'd be DeLight - Groove is in the Heart! :lloyd:

Although.....admittedly...I'm having a lil' trouble imagining big Phil singing it :eh:

chcr

Too cute for words
True Colours (note the incorrect spelling, but I bet it's spelled that way on the album. :p )
He also covered Dylan's "The Times They Are a' Changing" and Cat Stevens' "Father to Son." Honestly, I forgot about "Can't Hurry Love."

Okay, who did Cyndi co-write "Time After Time" with?

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
I think it was always her song... :shrug:

I had to fix that, covers on the brain...

She co-wrote it with a member of another band that was popular at the time. They released it around the same time, although only Cyndi's was released as a single. She was really hot at the time.

Thought I'd get really obscure for a change.

chcr

Too cute for words
Okay, okay, too obscure (I could've asked what label Tim Hardin recorded on. :lol: ). I used to have the other album.

Easy one, who wrote the Van Morrison hit "Into the Mystic?"

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
Okay, okay, too obscure (I could've asked what label Tim Hardin recorded on. :lol: ). I used to have the other album.

Easy one, who wrote the Van Morrison hit "Into the Mystic?"

Wild guess...Michael Bolton?

chcr

Too cute for words
Inkara1 said:
You mean Michael Bolton actually wrote a song?
several ;)
Well over half of what he records, in fact. It's how he got started in the business.

chcr

Too cute for words
Hint: the same guy wrote "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me" that Linda Rondstadt had a big hit with.

*Side note: You can still buy yourself a hammer at Rondstadt's Hardware in Tucson.*

Inkara1

In honor of the passing of "Weird Al" Yankovic's parents, here's a Weird Al-related question:

Where did Weird Al record the first version of "My Bologna," his parody of "My Sharona" by the Knack?