Music trivia

Kahuna28

My Bologna was recorded in a bathroom while Al was working for a radio station I believe....or I could be wrong...:-D

Inkara1

Close enough. He was a DJ for KCPR, the campus radio station at Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo, CA, where he earned his degree in architecture. He recorded the original version of the song in the bathroom across the hall from the studio.

As an aside, I got his box set, Permanent Record/Al in the Box, soon after it came out. That original version of My Bologna was supposed to be on there, but Scotti Bros. goofed and included the album version (he re-recorded it with his full band behind him for his 1983 self-titled debut album). I'd always wondered why the "Capitol Records Single Version" sounded exactly the same as the album version, but I didn't know the answer until 9 years after I got the box set. Apparently the snafu was fixed for later editions.

Anyways, you're up.

Kahuna28

Alright....on Dirty Vegas' self-titled album, (The one with Days Go By on it), what old song do they do a cover of?