My new printer

woodman19_99

Gots me a Canon MP 830 to replace the aging HP multi function i had... I like and the quality is great, but it seems to take an awful long time for the data to be sent to the printer, and for the printer to get going... my only real complaint.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I currently have no printer. The HP I bought self-destructed two days after the warranty expired. The damnable thing was not made too strong it seems...

Professur

I means that I spewed my drink all over my keyboard when I read what you posted. Wouldn't be so bad, 'cept I'm posting from a laptop.

FluerVanderloo

Gotcha, I get it now. Sometimes it just doesn't click.

I forgot the model I had, but I picked it up on sale for $25 because they used the same printers at my mom's work. She'd nix a new black and color ink every month or so and we had a nice little collection going. I would go through 3 black inks in a typical semester.

When she didn't have that job anymore, and I ran out, I went price hunting. Cheapest I could find was $50 per ink. Paying that every month and a half on my budget? I'd rather pay a lot up front and save even more later.

Edit: My printer was similar to this one, except it's gray with black detail...same kind of thing though. Basic inkjet.
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/prod...816596_653293754_850432197_en,00.html?tabId=1

Professur

I currently have no printer. The HP I bought self-destructed two days after the warranty expired. The damnable thing was not made too strong it seems...

You need the HP 2500DL model for volume printing of photo quality pron, guy. I told ya that before.

Inkara1

Gotcha, I get it now. Sometimes it just doesn't click.

I forgot the model I had, but I picked it up on sale for $25 because they used the same printers at my mom's work. She'd nix a new black and color ink every month or so and we had a nice little collection going. I would go through 3 black inks in a typical semester.

When she didn't have that job anymore, and I ran out, I went price hunting. Cheapest I could find was $50 per ink. Paying that every month and a half on my budget? I'd rather pay a lot up front and save even more later.

Edit: My printer was similar to this one, except it's gray with black detail...same kind of thing though. Basic inkjet.
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/prod...816596_653293754_850432197_en,00.html?tabId=1

So was she stealing the ink? Or paying for it? Or taking it but with the company's permission?

Inkara1

Seems awfully wasteful of the company... let's buy a truckload of ink, then throw it away when it's still perfectly good.

Did she work for the state? Sounds like something a governmental agency would do... budget a certain amount for supplies, spend it all (because it's use it or lose it) and then clean out and buy all new stuff when the next use-it-or-lose-it check shows up.

FluerVanderloo

Seems awfully wasteful of the company... let's buy a truckload of ink, then throw it away when it's still perfectly good.

Did she work for the state? Sounds like something a governmental agency would do... budget a certain amount for supplies, spend it all (because it's use it or lose it) and then clean out and buy all new stuff when the next use-it-or-lose-it check shows up.

No, the problem was that the office ordered a TON of ink cartridges at a time, but there were only 3 or 4 printers in the office that used it. So when they went through the incredibly disorganized supply closet, they found that it wasn't being used and just tossed it thinking that no one had the corresponding printer. My mom figured we could put it to good use, so I bought a Lexmark.

POStech

Alot of big companies do that too. Our biggest customer sometime calls us to pick up old computers & printers from thier HO. One time we went there and they were walking around the office "here take that printer" while it was still being used. Thanks for the Lexmark colour laser with two 500 sheet trays and can use 17x11 paper.