My poor baby ...

tonksy

So we decide to all go for a nice lunch, right? Upper Midscale place that we frequent when we want something nicer. Nice quiet place but with most of the tables full, you know? Well, there is a yellowjacket in the windowsill. The kids are upset but I tell them the whole "If you don't bother it it won't bother you". 5 minutes later the damn thing flies onto Malory's hand and stings her.
Screams! Lamentations! Howls of pain! I think she almost gave the elderly gentleman in the booth behind her a heart attack.
Poor thing, this was her first sting. She got a free cookie out of it though :(

kuulani

A yellow jacket was flying around the other day too ... I freaked out and ran away. I'm totally paranoid now!

Poor Malory!! Did the cookie make her happy?

tonksy

Nope, not really- but we went and got her eyebrows done and she seemed to perk up.

I did bum a cigarette off someone in the kitchen and wet it and applied. it took the sting out but it mortified her to have "smoking pieces" on her hand.

tonksy

She's 6 but she inherited her father's monobrow so we wax the middle bit. Every girl should have 2 eyebrows.

tonksy

Thanks, we do get odd looks at the nail salon we get it done at. Whatev. My child's self esteem is more important than what they think.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
She's 6 but she inherited her father's monobrow so we wax the middle bit. Every girl should have 2 eyebrows.

Damn right, unibrows are for men only. :wink2:

Re: on the sting, the good thing is she isn't allergic.

tonksy

No doubt! I was worried as it was her first sting...but judging from the volume of her screams there was no throat constriction :S
Poor kid. I did stop by the pharmacist at the grocers shortly after and ask about how long I should be watchful. They said it would be almost immediate.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I agree, if it wasn't almost immediate then there's nothing to worry about. However, with allergies you never know, one day you're not allergic and the next day you're almost dying because of shrimps. :shrug: