Narnia

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Disney is making a big budget film out of it.
Following collaborations on "Holes," "Ghosts of the Abyss" and the upcoming "Around the World in 80 Days," the Walt Disney Co. has struck a deal with Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz' Walden Media to co-finance and distribute "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."

source

these are beloved to me, my all time favourite as a kid. I am about to share them with my oldest...it's good timing for me, he'd be finishing the series pretty much as the first movie came out. I don't know that the Disney of today will do it justice though :eh:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
There are just some things too geeky to ever be admitted out loud.

chcr said:
Anyone besides me ever see the BBC series?
That is one.

freako104

there was an older version of the book made into a movie but I dont know if it was the BBC one. I havent read the books in years but I remember really liking it esp the winterland right inside their closet was it?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I LOVED the BBC series, I might not see these movies because it will tarnish my precious memories of that series

(saw the series before I reading the books)

AlphaTroll

Tales of the Narnia's brilliant :D

I'm just waiting for the day someone decides to do a couple of movies based on Terry Pratchett's books (hehe - 'specially Wee Free Men).

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
AlphaTroll said:
Tales of the Narnia's brilliant :D

I'm just waiting for the day someone decides to do a couple of movies based on Terry Pratchett's books (hehe - 'specially Wee Free Men).

That would be amazing!

AlphaTroll

Which ones freako?

Come to think of it - The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents would be a wonderful movie for kids.

Professur

Saw it, read it, loved it.

Anyone remember the book with Mrs Who, Mrs What, and Mrs Which? Damned if I can remember the name of it.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Saw it, read it, loved it.

Anyone remember the book with Mrs Who, Mrs What, and Mrs Which? Damned if I can remember the name of it.

yes

yes

yes

damn..on the tip of my tongue

a fold in time?

Professur

A wrinkle in time.

Thankyou!!!!

Finally, I can buy it again. How the hell did yo know that Paul?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
wrinkle, damn it

I knew I was wrong, I got that book of the list they gave you in elementary school, the scholastics thingy, I think I still have my copy

thanks for the memories prof

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
How the hell did yo know that Paul?

I remember most of every book I have ever enjoyed, and that one really sticks in my mind madaleine d'engel (I think)

tesseract

the wizard of oz like symobism

it was a great great book

AlphaTroll

Oh man and what about Witches Abroad! That would also be a brilliant one.

Truckers, Diggers & Wings
Guards! Guards!

(Prof - are you thinking of A Wrinkle in Time?)

** edit - I shouldn't post on more than one board at a time, sorry - seems you got your answer.