Narnia

Professur

Wrikle was on TV? Nope, I never saw that.

Let's try this one. It was a book I read for Lit in highschool. Young boy in English middle country is standing guard while his kinsmen tear down a stone wall erected by the local lord. When said Lord trots by, the boy chucks a stone at him, knocking him off his horse. Boy runs for his life, thinking he killed him.

Boy meets up with a troup of actors, and joins them. Amongst the group is another boy, who's actually hiding that she's a girl.

That's about all I can remember. Help, someone.

The story's name had something to do with a bell tower.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:

Let's try this one. It was a book I read for Lit in highschool. Young boy in English middle country is standing guard while his kinsmen tear down a stone wall erected by the local lord. When said Lord trots by, the boy chucks a stone at him, knocking him off his horse. Boy runs for his life, thinking he killed him.

Boy meets up with a troup of actors, and joins them. Amongst the group is another boy, who's actually hiding that she's a girl.

your doing it to me again!!!!!

tip of my tongue

crap!

someone...HELP

AlphaTroll

Yeah Prof, it wasn't badly done either. Don't know which network did it, but it had that boy from .... (can't remember the name of the show - it's about the doctor who moves with his teenage son & little daughter to a really small, cold town after his wife died of cancer???) - I think the son's name was Eli

HomeLAN

Professur said:

Didn't we do this, and wasn;t it a Lloyd Alexander book?

Westmark, wasn't it?

Oz

chcr said:
Where?!?!?!?!?!?

All over the place dude! I've got animated Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music here :) (I think Cosgrove-Hall might have done Mort as well).

Also got Truckers here somewhere....but they really dumbed that down for the kids :eh:

hehe.....The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was the first "real" book I ever read...when I was barely four yrs old :D

Lookin' forward to seeing what kinda job they do on the movie :swing:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
Anyone besides me ever see the BBC series?

The one that was animated? I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me... ;)

BeardofPants

No, I don't think it was animated. I have this memory of it being filled with people in badly made animal costumes. For some reason, the beavers stand out. :retard:

Oz

BeardofPants said:
No, I don't think it was animated. I have this memory of it being filled with people in badly made animal costumes. For some reason, the beavers stand out. :retard:

True....and the girl who played Lucy looked more like a beaver than the actual beavers.....poor kid :eh:

Gato.........there is an animated version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe kickin' about......tis prolly that one that may have triggered yer memory.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:

I don't know, BOP...I always notice beavers first... :brow:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:

Cue for Treason

Professur

Was at Indigo last week, and guess what they had in stock. A Wrinkle in Time. Bought it, and devoured it in an hour. Damn I hate getting older. I recall it being longer. But then, I gnawed through Tear of the Gods in about 5 hours. Now I remeber why I stopped buying books. Too damn expensive. Also bought the first 4 Junie B. Jones books for V2.0. She was reluctant to start, but once she started, her nose got stuck. Gnawed through the first 2 chapters and half the third in half an hour.

tank girl

I know! I love those books, I read the whole lot as a kid :)

ITS BEING FILMED HERE IN NEW ZEALAND!!!

Cool huh? they even got in real live wolves past animal/border-control with special passes and everything :p

(of course, we don't have real live wolves in N.Z - they'd eat all the hobbits and things :D )

Raven

Annoying SOB
chcr said:
Where?!?!?!?!?!?
Oh by the way the people who want Discworld DVD's check here

They also did Mort as an animated TV miniseries here but I can't find the DVD or VHS for that anywhere :(