Nature or nurture

jimpeel

Here is the "nature" part. I wonder what could be nurturing it:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322766,00.html

New Strain of MRSA Spreads Among Gay Men
Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A new, highly drug-resistant strain of MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, has moved outside hospitals and is now spreading among gay men, researchers reported Monday.

Some of the hardest hit areas are San Francisco, Boston, New York and Los Angeles, according to a San Francisco Chronicle report.

Click here to read the San Francisco Chronicle story.

In regards to San Francisco, the study found sexually active gay men are 13 times more likely to be infected than the general population.

"We probably had it here first, and now it is spreading elsewhere," said Binh An Diep, a researcher at San Francisco General Hospital and lead author of the report, in a news release. "This is a national problem, and San Francisco is at the epicenter."

Although researchers have stopped short of declaring this form of staph a sexually transmitted disease, the infections are found where skin-to-skin contact occurs during sexual activity.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), MRSA is responsible for about 19,000 deaths annually in America — most of which occur in the hospital.

The findings appear online in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm so glad I came of age in the late 70's/early 80s.

Lots & lots of free sex that didn't make you sick or kill you.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
And now the shots don't work at all.

Thats because some of the idiots who got those diseases decided that the penicillin they had in the medicine cabinet for a mild case of mononucleosis would work just fine on their case of the clap...

jimpeel

Thats because some of the idiots who got those diseases decided that the penicillin they had in the medicine cabinet for a mild case of mononucleosis would work just fine on their case of the clap...

Bingo! Everything you do makes the survivors stronger. This whole antibacterial craze with antibacterial lotions, hand soaps, and shopping cart wipes merely makes the germs more bulletproof.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

Ayup. Big haired rock sluts galore parading around trying to look like Christina Applegate or Tawny Kittaen and throwing down with any guy whose hair reached mid-back or longer.

Archie & Edith Bunker said:
Those were the dayyyyyyyyys...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
remember when aids was a gay only problem, this new strain will show up increasingly in the hetro population soon.

(so glad I am monogamous, no more fears of disease)

spike

Weren't you the one advocating "abstinence only" education and "keep it in your pants" and all that in another thread? You don't really mind being hypocritical do you?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Weren't you the one advocating "abstinence only" education and "keep it in your pants" and all that in another thread? You don't really mind being hypocritical do you?

lol, do as I say not as I do.

I got three step-kids and I would kill them for doing what I still remember fondly doing when I was their age.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Tell ya what spike ole boy, if you have the same value system & moral compass when you're 45 let me know.

A hypocrit says Do as I say, not as I do.
A teacher says Let me show you a better way.