New Barton so far...

Raven

Annoying SOB
Justintime said:
yes, i've actually never been down that route. ol skool MCSE, A+ N+, CISCO here, but more paper the better. If you get a nice PIV 2.4 that does 3.2 easy, you'd be sittin nice, but if you're not an overclocker i'd get a nice 2400+ or so, more than 100% over your T bird.
I'm an overclocker, just not an abusive one. I may go down the P4 route but probably only knock it up to 75% potential, maybe even 80%.

Do you remember the good old days when you had to fiddle with the mobo jumpers to overclock your P-133?

steweygrrrr said:
I'm an overclocker, just not an abusive one. I may go down the P4 route but probably only knock it up to 75% potential, maybe even 80%.

Do you remember the good old days when you had to fiddle with the mobo jumpers to overclock your P-133?

I prefer jumpers, sadly. More permanent to me than BIOS settings, guess its the ol skool showing :D Basically the only real reason i o'ced this is to see how good the Barton Cores are, and have a nice 2Ghz+ 512K L2 Athlon :D Had to give it 1.675v, failed prime 95 after 3hours, fuckin stable but not quite there, restesting. :)

Raven

Annoying SOB
I got my RED CORE (this thing is sposeda go to 1.4 OC) Tbird 1gig at 1.85 vcore and I cant get it stable at anything over 1.1....any advice?

Whats the stepping? If its not AXIA or AYHJA (doubt the made later than that?) i won't expect much, the core colour never mattered its just the finish they used at the factories, though it could prolly tell where a certain core was made, s'all. Are you o'cin by fsb or unlocking? if you're doing by fsb does 133x10 work? the pci and agp between that could be hampering you, if not you prolly got a dud core or older stepping, my first 1.2 barely made it to 1.25Ghz @ 1.85v LOL my last 1.4 did 1.8Ghz at that vcore, its in a machine at my dads at 1.53Ghz 1.35v methinks and insanely quiet.

catocom

I still haven't been about to get up the scratch to get the 3.06ht.
I'm still running my trusty 2.53. I really want to try the HT though. :crying4:
Although my 2.53 does all I need it to. :lloyd:

Aunty Em

steweygrrrr said:
I got my RED CORE (this thing is sposeda go to 1.4 OC) Tbird 1gig at 1.85 vcore and I cant get it stable at anything over 1.1....any advice?

You need an Axia like mine... stable as a rock at 1.33. :D

AYHJA cores are better, the 1.4 Core is almost pure AYHJA i believe and ocs to like 1.53-1.7 in most cases. I got the batch of 1.33s today to sort some clients and all were AYHJA with the exception of 1, tested one AYHJA and it did 1.6Ghz at default, brought tears of nostalgia to my eyes :la:

Raven

Annoying SOB
Justintime said:
Whats the stepping? If its not AXIA or AYHJA (doubt the made later than that?) i won't expect much, the core colour never mattered its just the finish they used at the factories, though it could prolly tell where a certain core was made, s'all. Are you o'cin by fsb or unlocking? if you're doing by fsb does 133x10 work? the pci and agp between that could be hampering you, if not you prolly got a dud core or older stepping, my first 1.2 barely made it to 1.25Ghz @ 1.85v LOL my last 1.4 did 1.8Ghz at that vcore, its in a machine at my dads at 1.53Ghz 1.35v methinks and insanely quiet.
pass on the stepping but as far as noise gose mine sounds like a goddamn chooper with engine trouble!