New Car Shopping

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I am beginning my search for a new car. Currently, I am looking at the Kia Sorento, a small SUV. I'm not crazy about the mileage figures (18-20mpg), but I want something about that size and I would like to stay around $20K US. If anyone has been looking and found something impressive, I'd appreciate input. :D

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Mmmmm....Hummer.... :brow: but what about the car?...:retard: I have the extra 90K, PT, but I'm putting in away for sexual security....

unclehobart

Do you need a new car? If you get one that is 2 years old and has like 30k miles ... it should be about 40% less dear on price.

kuulani

I'm scared to buy used cars ... who knows what the previous owners have done!!

Unless you find a nice old Japanese couple selling their car!! They take really good care of their cars!! Too bad old Japanese couples don't have 4x4 quadcabs for sale!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You can tell me all day and night about being sensible, but there is nothing quite like getting in a car that has 4 miles on it and driving it home. :shrug:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Thats where I'm at right now. I can't be bothered with "little things" going wrong. I don't think I'm quite as capable to climb over and under a car to do my own repairs anymore. I want to be able to handle it all with a phone call.

greenfreak

I only knew one person who had a Kia and he seemed to like it.

I was thinking about buying a Saturn years ago but with it being a newish company at the time, I was concerned that the car line wouldn't take off and I'd be stuck with something that no one could support or would want when I was ready to sell.

I haven't seriously looked into it yet but I was thinking that my next car would be a VW Jetta.

Are you thinking strictly SUV? What about Subaru, the best of both worlds.

unclehobart

2003 Kia Sorento is pulling a 9.2 on 64 consumer reviews.

Is your heart set on someting in the small SUV class?

The Honda CR-V is the most in demand of that class and seems to be a touch cheaper.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I'm not locked into anything yet, gf. I was just impressed with the Sorento. I may not go SUV at all if I find something to steal my heart...Thanks for the link, unc. I've been going directly to mfg. pages. Naturally, you have to disregard the hype when you do that.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My mom got a CRV about 6 months ago, says it does great on the snow, nice ride, she's really happy with it.

kuulani

greenfreak said:
I haven't seriously looked into it yet but I was thinking that my next car would be a VW Jetta.

I got to drive my friend's Jetta once ... very nice :cool:
But I'm more of a 4x4 truck kinda girl :D