New film raises fears of Muslim outrage

jimpeel

This guy is just begging to end up like Pim Fortuyn and Theo van Gogh.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313741,00.html

Threats of murder. Fears of riots and religious violence. Demands for censorship. Politicians in hiding, fearing for their lives. A government preparing for the worst.

It's happening right now in a most unlikely place ... the Netherlands, once regarded as Europe's quietest and most stable nation.

And it's all happening because of a 10-minute movie that hasn't even been made yet.

It's the work of Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders, who calls his movie "a call to shake off the creeping tyranny of Islamicization." Wilders plans to present it to his country on television sometime next month.

In the late 1990s, political leaders like Pim Fortuyn, Somalian-born writer Ayaan Hirsi Ali and outspoken filmmaker Theo van Gogh seemed to tap into a growing well of resentment against Muslims and criticism of Islam.

In 2002, tensions broke into outright murder when Fortuyn was shot by an animal rights activist who told the judge in the case that he was acting on behalf of the country's Muslims. Two years later, van Gogh was shot, stabbed and nearly decapitated on an Amsterdam street by Mohammed Bouyeri, a Muslim and a Dutch citizen of Moroccan descent.

Wilders' rhetoric may have struck a chord among a part of the Dutch population. One poll suggests that if elections were held today, his Freedom Party would win 26 seats in the 150-seat Tweede Kamer -- Holland's House of Representatives -- up from nine the party won last November.

jimpeel

In the meantime, Muslims are working hard to prove that they are a gentle, loving people.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071211175557.p3d3kaah&show_article=1

Father killed daughter for not wearing hijab, her friends say

Dec 11 12:56 PM US/Eastern

Friends and classmates of a 16-year-old girl who police say was murdered by her devout Muslim father in a Toronto suburb told local media Tuesday she was killed for not wearing a hijab.
Police said in a statement they received an emergency call at 7:55 am local time Monday from "a man who indicated that he had just killed his daughter."

The victim, Aqsa Parvez, was "rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries, but tragically passed away late last night."

Her father, Muhammad Parvez, 57, was arrested at the scene and will be formally charged with murder when he appears in court Wednesday, said police.

The girl's friends, meanwhile, told local media she was having trouble at home because she did not conform to the family's religious beliefs and refused to wear a traditional Islamic head scarf, or hijab.

"She wanted to go different ways than her family wanted to go, and she wanted to make her own path, but he (her father) wouldn't let her," one of her classmates told public broadcaster CBC.

"She loved clothes," another of her friends, Dominiquia Holmes-Thompson, told the daily Toronto Star. "She just wanted to show her beauty ... She just wanted to dress like us, just like a normal person."

According to her friends, Aqsa had worn the hijab at school last year, but rebelled in recent months.

They said she would leave home wearing a hijab and loose-fitting clothes, but would take off her head scarf and change into tighter garments at school, then change back before going home at the end of the day.

The victim's 26 year-old brother was also charged with obstructing police in the investigation.

Copyright AFP 2007

jimpeel

yep they're all like that. exactly like that. just like all you peckerwoods are in the klan.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...n+over+a+teddy+bear+named+Mohammed/article.do

Let us not forget the demonstrations in the Sudan demanding the execution of the Brit teacher who allowed one of her students to name a teddy bear "Mohammed". As it was/is, she was/is facing 40 lashes and six months in jail. She has been moved to a secure location for her safety.

They now are saying that she may be charged with sedition which carries an even heftier punishment.

And if they are not all so fucked up, why then did the school issue the following apology?

"The administration of Unity High School would like to proffer an official apology to all students and their families and to all Muslims for what was an individual action, which does not represent the sentiments of the administration or the school," it read.

So they are trying to cover their asses so the idiots don't come after them as well and they made sure they made the apology to "all Muslims". They are scared to death of their wackos, too.

There was also this from the story:

• PERILS OF 'INSULTING' THE PROPHET

Mohammed is the central role model for Muslims. He is seen as the ideal husband, father and friend, as well as the ultimate political leader, general, diplomat and judge.

The perception that he has been insulted, whether by writers, artists or cartoonists, has frequently caused outrage.

The most famous case involved British-born novelist Salman Rushdie, who was issued with a death sentence, or fatwa, by Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini after his 1988 novel The Satanic Verses.

Cartoons depicting Mohammed published in a Danish newspaper in 2005 provoked a violent backlash in many Muslim countries. Western embassies in Syria, Lebanon, Indonesia and Iran were attacked.

Muslims believe that neither Allah nor Mohammed can be captured in an image by human kind. To attempt such a thing is seen as an insult in itself.

There is no specific or explicit ban in the Koran. But chapter 42, verse 11 does say: "[Allah is] the originator of the heavens and the earth [there is] nothing like a likeness of Him."

Since President Bush's war on terror, which some Muslims have interpreted as an attack on Islam, fundamentalists have been quick to see an insult where none is intended.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Wow. All that fearmongering is working a little too well. :eyebrow:

Psst...the number of Muslims that would see you dancing on the end of a rope for insulting their prophet is not as large as the media would like you to believe. It's not as small as the 'opposition' would like you to believe, either. Like all religions, there are approximately 2% fanatics, 2% casual, and 96% somewhere in the middle. The reason Muslims get so much crap is because they don't do anything to minimize to their fanatic fringe...mostly out of fear for their own safety. I know. I talk to some of them on a daily basis...

2minkey

bootlicker
Psst...the number of Muslims that would see you dancing on the end of a rope for insulting their prophet is not as large as the media would like you to believe. It's not as small as the 'opposition' would like you to believe, either. Like all religions, there are approximately 2% fanatics, 2% casual, and 96% somewhere in the middle. The reason Muslims get so much crap is because they don't do anything to minimize to their fanatic fringe...mostly out of fear for their own safety. I know. I talk to some of them on a daily basis...

wow, someone with an INFORMED opinion. how rare.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
The reason Muslims get so much crap is because they don't do anything to minimize to their fanatic fringe...mostly out of fear for their own safety. I know. I talk to some of them on a daily basis...

Muslim fearing their own fellow muslims, makes perfect sense to me why they get so much crap. :shrug:

jimpeel

So imams are fanatic most are not.

that is like saying all priests are child molesters.

or all religious preachers are fred phelps

That's funny. I don't remember using the word "all" in my post. Perhaps I should recheck that .........................Nope. Not there at all.

What I DID say was that there is NO SHORTAGE of Imams who are radical like Fred Phelps; whom, I might add, has not killed anyone nor espoused the killing of anyone. There is a vast difference between holdinga sign that says "God hates fags" and encouraging people to go out and blow themselves up, cut off people's heads, and fly airliners into buildings.