NFL week 1

Inkara1

So I turned the TV to FOX to be able to watch the Raiders game, and caught the last 6 1/2 minutes or so of the Philadelphia-Green Bay game.

One thing I learned? I can't believe Philadelphia's special teams are getting paid to fuck up that badly. First, with the score tied 13-13 with less than a minute left, the punt returner signaled fair catch, then the punt went short, the returner ran up for it and couldn't hold on to the ball. Green Bay recovered, and went a couple plays to get to chip-shot field goal range, then made the field goal to take a 16-13 lead with two seconds left.

So of course, on the final kickoff, the Philadelphia kick returner fumbled the ball. Fitting.

unclehobart

At least you guys didn't get Harrington-ized. Two stellar TD passes on the day... to the enemy. gag. whimper.

Inkara1

Yeah, that guy wasn't good enough to hack it in Detroit... where Jon Kitna now works.

Inkara1

TOUCHDOWN OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't say that very many times last year.

WTF? The Lions are challenging it?

Inkara1

It stands... good thing they got a touchdown to avoid the shutout since Janikowski can't make a FG to save his life.

Inkara1

ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN!

I don't think the Raiders scored three touchdowns in a game all last year.

unclehobart

The Radiers simply can't be scoring. They were supposed to be a minimum of 10-6 this year. If they start off 0-1 to the lowly Raiders... christ... the talking head shows will make that clip of Kitna turn into the 'read my lips' line from Bush the elder.

Inkara1

I just checked... the Raiders scored three touchdowns in a game once last year. They lost that game.

The offense sure has looked good in the second half for Oakland, though.

unclehobart

PIT 37, Browns 7.

yup... its a whole new charged up dy-no-mite Browns offense this year.

yessir.

taint never seen nuttin like it.

I'm a racin to the computer as fast as I can to order one o them Quinn jerseys... yup. snicker.

tonksy

I am so proud of the Texans and Matt Schaub! Damn the Feds for not indicting Michael Vick sooner so we could have kept him!

unclehobart

No shit!

Notre Damn 0-2
Michigan 0-2
All teams in Florida except the Gators are headed to hell in a handbasket.

Appalachian State got like 19 votes for the latest polls. It puts them juuuust outside the top 25 right below Auburn somewhere.

Inkara1

Arg... leave it to the Raiders to get five yards thanks to an offsides penalty, then give it right back with a false start.

Dave

Tom Brady 22/28, 297 yds, 3 TD
Wes Welker six catches for 61 yards, 1 TD
Randy Moss nine catches for 183 yards, 1 TD
Ellis Hobbes 108 yard KO return for a TD

looks like its gonna be a good year.... :)

Dave

just enjoying it while it lasts...
sooner or later, they'll end up in the cellar again.