Obama cohort trial to start Monday

catocom

I know one thing....I'll be happier after this primary.
Maybe the news orgs will get back to focusing on the major issues still at hand, more.:cuss:

jimpeel

Yes, use some reading comprehension. You'll find the bulk of the articles quite different from each other. Ah, but you think if there is the same number in each article then the articles are the same. That's not logical Jim.

I never disputed the .7% number. You would know this if you were comprehending what you were reading.

You seem to be blind to any facts though in your quest to justify your preconceived ideas.

So you are in favor of having .7% of GNI go to the UN? Are you for a global tax to be taken from American workers by force and those monies given to a corrupt world government entity to do with as they please?

After all, I am arguing against this and you are arguing against me. Are you really for this tax or am I just your latest hobby -- "Whatever Jim says I will be in total 180 degree opposition"?

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah we'll take those shoes of all them blowed up kids and bury 'em in indiana.

both the shoes of the israeli kids and the shoes of the palestinian kids, neither of whom contributed to the current conflict.

wonder which pile will be bigger?

meh, doesn't matter. as long as someone thousands of miles away with no personal stake in it can moralize, the task is fulfilled.

oh gomer pyle, where are you when we need you?

2minkey

bootlicker
Have the nomads hit 6 million yet?

yes, certainly one diasporic group did hit six million.

oh, you meant the other group that has also been displaced from the lands that go back many generations in their families, the group that is barely less like like you and the one that you don't personally identify with?

oh silly me.

hey you really think there's many israelis who would participate in the adopt-a-gonz program? i am certain they do appreciate your advocacy.
:rofl3:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
displaced from the lands that go back many generations in their families

Damn those Jordanians. Greedy assed Syria. The horror of the Lebanese resetttlers.

Stop it minkey, you're making my sides hurt.

2minkey

bootlicker
Damn those Jordanians. Greedy assed Syria. The horror of the Lebanese resetttlers.

WTF are you talking about?

dude, you're terrifyingly ignorant about the region you've made it your mission to save for the righteous.

you do realize that jews had not populated that area in significant numbers for HUNDREDS of years before they started settling there in the 20th century, right? maybe you should try to go back and claim those lands for the ancient empire of _________ (fill in the blank).

there's shitload of displaced palestinians that were absorbed, often not so nicely, by neighboring nations. their families had lived there - palestine - for many generations. funny but why don't you take a look at some historical maps from the area... even the ones made by the british in colonial times. see what they call it.

the rest of the world knows this. most think there should be an israeli state. most also are not naive and ideologically programmed to the point that they believe there is utter moral clarity on who the good guys and the bad guys are.

the far right in israel are assholes. the palestinian extremists are also assholes. cheer for either, and you're an asshole, too.

spike

How are we supposed to wrap our heads around something that's not black & white, good vs. evil?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
yes, certainly one diasporic group did hit six million.

oh, you meant the other group that has also been displaced from the lands that go back many generations in their families, the group that is barely less like like you and the one that you don't personally identify with?

oh silly me.

hey you really think there's many israelis who would participate in the adopt-a-gonz program? i am certain they do appreciate your advocacy.

You know...if the 1967 agreement had been adopted, this would probably be a non-issue, right? Hell...if Arafat had signed the treaty at Camp David, this would probably be a non-issue. What we have here is failure...to communicate. My views are all about letting people live their lives with a minimum of fuss. Don't like your neighbors? Move. Why force them to move? Can't move? Build a fence, so you don't have to see them. Yeah...my views are kinda simplistic that way.

You do not fire rockets into cities indiscriminately, and then cry 'foul' when a tank cruises down your street and destroys the school you launched them from. You do not fire automatic weapons at a passing jeep, and then run and hide in a crowd of schoolchildren, and then cry to the media about the 'other side' wounding a teacher. You want sympathy? Try another line of thinking. Your actions caused the deaths and destruction that happened. You are the reason that nobody can find and keep a job in order to feed their family. You let thugs, murderers, and assassins co-opt your country, and its somebody elses fault? Sorry. No play there.

spike

Don't like your neighbors? Move. Why force them to move?

That's exactly what the Israelis did.

You do not fire rockets into cities indiscriminately, and then cry 'foul' when a tank cruises down your street and destroys the school you launched them from.

You don't kill a bunch of people from another country and then cry foul when they fire rockets into your cities.

Why do so many display this utter ignorance as if everyone was happy and then suddenly rockets were fired no reason. Think.

jimpeel

That's exactly what the Israelis did.

You don't kill a bunch of people from another country and then cry foul when they fire rockets into your cities.

Why do so many display this utter ignorance as if everyone was happy and then suddenly rockets were fired no reason. Think.

I guess you have never heard of the Lebanese purge of Palestinians from Lebanon in 1970. They drove them out, crushed their houses and paved them over. Today, there is no evidence they were ever there. Now those boys know how to do it right.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I guess you have never heard of the Lebanese purge of Palestinians from Lebanon in 1970. They drove them out, crushed their houses and paved them over. Today, there is no evidence they were ever there. Now those boys know how to do it right.

Notice spike, as usual, has an outlandish claim with no link. Also notice that it was the attacks by the neighboring Arab states that initiated all wars in the region. Also note that the 'Palestinians' have been summarily kicked out of every Arab nation they've ever been living in...something about them being troublemakers. Now, just suppose, some people you don't like are moving into your neighborhood...into land that you don't use...why not plant some seeds in their heads about that area being their homeland?

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=1&forumID=4422&start=30&tstart=0&edition=2&ttl=20080310055023#paginator said:
Jews are indigenous to that land, just as Arab Muslims and Christians are.
Before 1948 there were Palestinian Jews, Muslims, and Christians-only now does Palestinian mean non-Jews.
The British Mandate of Palestine was partitioned-78% for a Jewish homeland,22% for an Palestinian Arab homeland. Jews accepted, Arabs rejected, and attacked with genocidal intent and lost.
Jews have a right to self-determination in the land of their ancestors just like everyone else.

Now you can see where the Balfour document comes into play...at least in my opinion.