Obama Supporter Blagojevich (D-IL) Arrested

jimpeel

And just to bring you up to date on the latest, President-elect Obama was exonerated Tuesday when the federal prosecutor said he did nothing wrong. There was no quid pro-quo, there was no deal and the thing you want to paste on him for a lie is, in the parlance of the old west, horse-sh1t.

OLD

FUCKIN'

NEWS!

Have you been paying ANY attention at all?

Did you read THIS??? It was directed at you.

No one has said that Obama had any direct discussions with Blagojevich about the seat.

No one is saying that anyone in the Obama crew was involved in a crime. The fact remains that they have lied about there having been absolutely no conversations whatsoever with Blagojevich about the seat.

So why, when there is nothing illegal or criminal about simple discussions by Obama's representative about his seat, is Obama denying that those simple discussions even took place? What is the advantage of lying about that?

And the best you can come up with -- when everyone here is saying that Obama has committed no crime and has had no contact with the IL governor on this subject -- is that "President-elect Obama was exonerated". What are you, some sorta Spikesque echo chamber?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
And yet this thread seems so full of people trying to connect Obama to some wrongdoing.

Deja Vu.

I believe we've all wondered what the connection is because he LIED TO THE PUBLIC. Nobody accused him of squat until his denails of conversations became admissions of conversations became admissions of detailed conversations.

He did not have talks with that man Mr Blagojevich.

1997 all over again.

jimpeel

Deja Vu.

I believe we've all wondered what the connection is because he LIED TO THE PUBLIC. Nobody accused him of squat until his denails of conversations became admissions of conversations became admissions of detailed conversations.

1997 all over again.

Liberals love being lied to; and Obama will fix their Jones for them on a daily basis. They don't get the fact that this is about truth because they have been conditioned to believe that a lie is the truth.

Cerise

And just to bring you up to date on the latest, President-elect Obama was exonerated Tuesday when the federal prosecutor said he did nothing wrong. There was no quid pro-quo, there was no deal and the thing you want to paste on him for a lie is, in the parlance of the old west, horse-sh1t.

The federal prosecutor said that? Link that badboy up.

News reports have said that Zero met with federal prosecutors re: the Blago scandal, that the feds have said prior to that meedting that he is not implicated in the case. Maybe you're thinking of the self-exoneration that Sen. Gov. gave to himself:

Obama team probe of Obama team finds no Obama team impropriety

:rolleyes: No doubt he is relieved that the results of the investigation he ordered uncovered no wrongdoing.

The report's conclusions are based on the recollections of Obama aides, not on federal wiretap recordings of Mr. Blagojevich, his aides and his advisers, which make up the heart of the federal arrest affidavit, Mr. Craig said. He said the law-enforcement tapes weren't available to the legal staff that canvassed the Obama team.

HotRod said:
"I'll have a lot to say at the appropriate time."

Cerise

Blago: if you think I should resign because I did something wrong then let’s hear your story under oath.

Lawyers for embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich want two key aides to President-elect Barack Obama and U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. subpoenaed, according to Chicago media reports.

Blagojevich's legal team has asked the Illinois House panel that members of Obama's incoming administration testify before the House impeachment committee, including Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett, WBBM-TV and the Chicago Sun-Times reported late Wednesday.

:smoke:

spike

Liberals love being lied to; and Obama will fix their Jones for them on a daily basis. They don't get the fact that this is about truth because they have been conditioned to believe that a lie is the truth.

Conservatives love being lied to which is why they supported Bush. Most of the country is sick of it. Hence your big loss in the last election.

spike

Deja Vu.

1997 all over again.

Nobody is making a connection because there is none. All you have is wishful thinking.

nalani

Geez, I see that few people took the holiday for 'peace on earth, good will toward man' and kept 'TRW business as usual' going .. for some reason, that makes me sad.

I wonder if Frank is actually Flavio...:lol2:

You know, I was thinking he's far too 'talkative' to be a complete newbie but I can't see him being Flavio - I don't remember Flavio as being that articulate - I often think spike is Flav though ..

Frank Probity

nalani;620096 You know said:
I did visit here a few years back under a different pseudonym, not as Flavio, but only made one or two posts of little to no consequence. If memory serves me correctly, there were numerous personal and ill-intended comments by some of the posters.
Since I am not sure of my status based on technicalities, would like to think I am a "newbie", at least here on OTC. Since Gonz is a founder, perhaps that status is best left up to his judgment if deemed necessary.
I enjoy reasonable debate and either position as presenter of the proposition or proponent, depending on what I believe.

BTW, nalani, thank you for the compliment on being articulate. I do try. :)

Frank Probity

OLD

F+CKIN'

NEWS!

Have you been paying ANY attention at all?

Did you read THIS??? It was directed at you.
And the best you can come up with -- when everyone here is saying that Obama has committed no crime and has had no contact with the IL governor on this subject -- is that "President-elect Obama was exonerated". What are you, some sorta Spikesque echo chamber?

Hey jimpeel, I must say, you do have a delightfully tacky but unrefined manner of expressing yourself. Very quaint.

Sure I've been paying attention. How do you think I became wealthy? And sorta famous. My bride and I worked for those material possessions and personal platitudes in the good old fashioned republican way. We earned them.
Spikesque?? I march to my drummer, not as a side show for anyone else.

And yes, President-elect Obama has been verbally exonerated by the federal prosecutor. Didn't Patrick Fitzgerald say he found no evidence President-elect Obama was involved in any deal making just a week or two ago?

For those who still think President-elect Obama has told a lie, be patient. After all, it took those of us who figured out well in advance of the invasion of Iraq, the reasons from President Bush, SOD Rumsfeld, Veep Cheyney and reluctant SOS Powell offering the big push were all hog wash based on bogus reports and out right lies. Why, at the same time they were trying to convince Americans of the necessity of the invasion, there were other nations that told the U.S. Intelligence community they were fulla donkey dust. Yet those of us nay-sayers had to wait until after the invasion, and no WMDs, for more than two years for the truth to come out. And the longer we wait, the more questionable information comes out. And only last week, President Bush said AlQueda was not in Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Who knows what we will learn once this administration has made like Elvis and left the building.

Anyway, if youse folks firmly believe you are right, President-elect Obama's report is incomplete, erroneous or vague, and that you are not just wishing on a star to make yourselves believe he has told a lie, take the suggestion offered by ole Frank Probity mentioned in an earlier post:
"Be patient fellow members of this forum. Be patient.
There might be a silver lining for you all yet. Who knows what opportunity might come along. Heck! There might even be one giving you the opportunity to gloat, lord superior attitudes and say, "I told you so".
Until then, I prefer to sit tight and wait before passing judgement on either Governor Blogojevich or President-elect Obama."

Since the ole man will be out of circulation for several days and no computer availability, I wish those here, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cerise

Blago Names Replacement to Fill Seat

He is the Governor, after all.

In a display of political bravado, disgraced Gov. Rod Blagojevich today appointed former Illinois Atty. Gen. Roland Burris to the U.S. Senate, challenging national Democratic leaders to reject the appointment of an African-American to the seat that propelled Barack Obama to the White House.

The defiant move tests the resolve of Senate Democrats who said they would not admit anyone appointed by Blagojevich, who is facing impeachment after being accused of trying to sell the Senate seat for personal gain. And it reveals to a nation celebrating Obama's victory the underbelly of Chicago's race-based political scene.

Democratic U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush of Chicago, appearing at Blagojevich's announcement at Burris' invitation, underscored the role of race in the governor's decision by using racially charged terms to defend the appointment.

"I would ask you to not hang or lynch the appointee as you try to castigate the appointer," said Rush, who promised to lobby congressional leaders on Burris' behalf.

"That was excellent Bobby. Thank you," Blagojevich said to Rush. The governor then turned to reporters and said, "Feel free to castigate the appointer but don't lynch the appointer. I am not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing!"

However.......

Early word about the governor's surprise move prompted U.S. Senate Democratic leaders to hold a conference call during which they decided not to seat Burris or any other Blagojevich appointee. Shortly after Blagojevich's arrest, Reid, Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois and the other Senate Democrats asked Blagojevich to resign and warned any appointee would not be allowed to serve.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada now faces a difficult political situation amid uncertainties that an attempt to block Burris from taking office can withstand a legal challenge. Burris, Illinois' first statewide elected African-American, wants entry into a chamber that no longer has any blacks.

On Tuesday, Senate Democratic leadership said "anyone appointed by Gov. Blagojevich cannot be an effective representative" for Illinois because they "would serve under a shadow and be plagued by questions of impropriety."

There's just one little problem, Harry.

"The Constitution does not vest in the Congress a discretionary power to deny membership by majority vote," wrote Chief Justice Earl Warren. Congress may "judge only the qualifications set forth in the Constitution," he said.

The qualifications are minimal. A senator must be at least 30 years old, a U.S. citizen and "an inhabitant" of the state.

If Blagojevich were to select someone to fill the Illinois Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama, the senators could send the matter to the rules committee to judge the candidate's qualifications. And the appointee, if rejected by the Senate, could go to court and challenge the decision as unconstitutional.

Go HotRod Go!!