Obama Supporter Blagojevich (D-IL) Arrested

Cerise

So far, Zero has just been guilty of lying. One report says he's "meeting" with Blago, one report says he "met" with Blago.

Wouldn't it be customary for the outgoing Senator to meet with the Governor? Why deny it? Why be so defensive about it? :shrug:

BlagnOMeeting.jpg

Obamapost-meeting.jpg

obamablago11122008ca8.jpg

Cerise

The Plot Thickens.....:brow:

Ex-mayor Willie Brown has shed some critical light onto the Obama-Blagojevich affair. It seems now that this was all a push initiated by team Obama to stop Blagojevich from selecting a successor to Obama.

This really changes everything we read from Fitzgerald. Now Blagojevich’s rants about Obama giving nothing to get Obama’s selection(s) into the US Senate has morphed into Obama pressuring a sitting governor to allow the President-Elect to dictate the selection. Blagojevich’s requirements for a quid pro quo are now maybe a push back against an incoming administration who wanted control over who got into the Senate. Now the quid pro quo discussions are about what Obama would be willing to give up in order for Blagojevich to do Obama’s bidding on the selection and not go with his preferred choice of Madigan.

Cerise

Willie B. sez....

I got a call from Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich the other day. The first thing I said to him was, "You know, this call is probably being taped."

He laughed, we talked, and all in all he seemed in pretty good spirits for a guy looking at federal charges.

I wouldn't bet on him stepping aside anytime soon. If anything, his hand is getting stronger by the day.

I can't go into details, but my impression is that the whole mess started because the governor had been considering appointing a political rival, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, to the Senate so she wouldn't be able to run against him when he went up for re-election in 2010.

Apparently, Obama's people weren't happy about the idea of Madigan coming to Washington, and there were some pretty heated conversations between Blagojevich and Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, which I understand will burn your ears off.

jimpeel

The dreamers who think this is incriminating evidence or Obama is lying, need to take a reality check. You are embarrassing yourselves because everything presented so far are smoke dreams, and wishful thinking.

Other than that, you got nothing, zilch, nada, nothing, diddly-squat.
Have a nice day. :)

It's not like Obama doesn't have a history of lying. Once proven a liar, one's confidence in the liar is shattered -- except those who enjoy being lied to, of course.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Perhaps all the brouhaha is simply deja vu all over again

“I had no contact with the governor or his office and so I was not aware of what was happening, ”

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky,"

Inkara1

I have to admit, in that picture of the two in the "Governor's Gazette," it looks like Obama is hypnotizing Blagojevich there. "You are getting very sleepy. Vvvveeeeerrrryyyy ssssllllleeeeeeeeeeepppyyy. When I snap my fingers, you will bark like a dog and give fury all your cheese."

spike

It's not like Obama doesn't have a history of lying. Once proven a liar, one's confidence in the liar is shattered -- except those who enjoy being lied to, of course.

I imagine you must really enjoy being lied to after supporting Bush and then McCain.

Frank Probity

Don't you guys ever get tired of spitting into the wind?? All that slime on your faces.
SHEEEEEEEEEEE-IT!!!!!!!

First, the sore loser republicans tried to hang Obama with the Right Reverend Wright, then colluded to make him a terrorist by association with William Ayers, and now he is guilty of sins alleged to have been perpetrated by Blogojevich??

If this wasn't so pathetic, one might wonder if a republican ever finished school. With logic such as this, how come all the righteous republicans so eager for justice are not using the same reasoning with Sarah Palin. Shouldn't Sarah Palin be, at the very least, an accomplice to a drug dealer in Alaska. After all, Palin must have had communication with the mother of her future son-in-law, Sherri Johnston. Maybe Palin and Johnston even had lunch together. And wasn't that lady, Sherri Johnston, arrested as a methamphetamine manufacturer and or dealer? Come on folks. Fair is fair. Using the same logic and same demands for equal justice, Sarah Palin must be, :smash: GUILTY !

But in this entire fiasco, the biggest joke must be the same ones who are standing tall and spitting into the wind are the same ones who defended the abuse of power and black curtain that descended over the presidency on January 20th, 2001.

If President-elect Obama does nothing more than lift the veil of darkness that has covered this administration, that will be proof enough of the advertised "time for a change" chanted during the campaign.

On the other hand, there are always those (see republicans) who like being a mushroom, kept in the dark in a cold cave and being fed nothing but manure.
They and the ones who apparently enjoy spitting into the wind, will never admit or understand they are wrong and the Bush administration is a colossal failure.

"There is a very fine line between being stubborn and being stupid."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If President-elect Obama does nothing more than lift the veil of darkness that has covered this administration, that will be proof enough of the advertised "time for a change" chanted during the campaign.

So he begins a Presidential career with a lie & he still hasn't taken office. Nice change.

jimpeel

If this wasn't so pathetic, one might wonder if a republican ever finished school. With logic such as this, how come all the righteous republicans so eager for justice are not using the same reasoning with Sarah Palin. Shouldn't Sarah Palin be, at the very least, an accomplice to a drug dealer in Alaska. After all, Palin must have had communication with the mother of her future son-in-law, Sherri Johnston. Maybe Palin and Johnston even had lunch together. And wasn't that lady, Sherri Johnston, arrested as a methamphetamine manufacturer and or dealer? Come on folks. Fair is fair. Using the same logic and same demands for equal justice, Sarah Palin must be, :smash: GUILTY !

Then by that logic, Palin was a beauty queen; she associated with beauty queens; a beauty queen has been arrested in Mexico in a truck filled with firearms; -- vis-a-vis all beauty queens are gun runners; and thus Sarah Palin must be a gun runner.

Frank Probity

So he begins a Presidential career with a lie & he still hasn't taken office. Nice change.

To quote President Ronald Reagan, "there you go again".
Spitting into the wind.:banghead:
Come on folks. One might think it would get tiresome after awhile. Aren't you part of the crowd that defended the antics and desecration of the Constitution by the Bush administration and you want to try to slander Obama for his "association" with Blogojevich? Get over it. :
Obama is President-elect. The democrats won. The republicans lost. Simple. Get a life and face reality.

And just to bring you up to date on the latest, President-elect Obama was exonerated Tuesday when the federal prosecutor said he did nothing wrong. There was no quid pro-quo, there was no deal and the thing you want to paste on him for a lie is, in the parlance of the old west, horse-sh1t.

Inkara1

I still find it amazing how many people who were so livid and militant after the 2000 election are now turning around and calling others "sore losers" after the 2008 election.