Obama Supporter Blagojevich (D-IL) Arrested

2minkey

bootlicker
tip of the iceberg

within the next 18 to 24 months every astute citizen of the country is going to know more about chicago politics than they care to know.

some of us already do

yeah chicago is scary in that respect. i was talking to this lady a couple months ago there. she knows some of the local aldermen pretty well. it seems like if you're in with those guys, you can pretty much do whatever the fuck you want. need a permit for whatever? your alderman can make it happen! yay! i'm sure it gets even weirder moving beyond the local weenies

Cerise

People in the politics......

Please try to stick to the subject: Obama Supporter Blagojevich (D-IL) Arrested

Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Spoke with Blagojevich About Senate Seat

Chicago -- The firestorm surrounding Governor Blagojevich is putting some heat on Barack Obama’s transition team. Fox Chicago News has learned about possible conversations between a top Obama aide and the governor regarding the open senate seat. Craig Wall has the exclusive.

"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not have financial relations with that governor, Mr. Blagojevich. I never told anybody to buy that Senate seat..."

spike

Please try to stick to the subject

I've been sticking to the subject. How about you please quit avoiding questions?

You have yet to answer how being a Obama supporter is relevant. Unless you're trying to say that Blago's actions reflect on Obama because of the "the company he keeps" in which case you're avoiding the questions in this post now.

Could you try to follow the conversation just a little? I mean you started the thread after all.

Cerise

I really hope he resigns....

True -- anybody else would've by now. I get the impression that Mr. Badboy has "slept with a pistol under his pillow" his entire life, and he could very well be the current evolution of "Chicago Politics."

Why should he leave office? He knows he hasnt' been convicted of anything, yet. :shrug:

He is behaving like it is just another day at the office because he has the goods on somebody, and he's playing chicken w/that person. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He's guilty as hell. However, when his AG asks the state Supreme Court to remove him from office, it seems a little premature. Legally, he's done nothing wrong (presumed innocence)

nalani

He is behaving like it is just another day at the office because he has the goods on somebody, and he's playing chicken w/that person. :shrug:

Just out of curiosity, who is it exactly that you think he has the goods on? And what 'goods' are these?

Cerise

I would think that whenever someone has a "Yeah, bring it on" attitude they think of themself as serious bad ass and will never back down, are bluffing because they want someone to fold, or they've got a card left to play that will shake up the status quo.

If the latter is the case, Blago will walk away from this.

Untitled-1copy-2.jpg

Cerise

THE bullish, foul-mouthed but effective Chicago arm-twister Rahm Emanuel has come under pressure to resign as Barack Obama’s chief of staff after it was revealed that he had been captured on court-approved wire-taps discussing the names of candidates for Obama’s Senate seat.

Emanuel’s presence at the heart of the scandal threatens to roil the president-elect’s administration as a Chicago prosecutor builds his corruption case against Rod Blagojevich, the Illinois governor.

Blagojevich has been accused of plotting to sell Obama’s Senate seat - which is in the governor’s gift - in return for financial and political favours. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5337807.ece

The 0bama media won't cover anything that says a bad word about the Messiah -- one has to look for "other sources."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Rahm Emanuel has come under pressure to resign chief of staff after it was revealed that he had been captured on court-approved wire-taps discussing the names of candidates for Obama’s Senate seat

So what? I'd find it irresponsible for the Obama team to not discuss it. As President, he knows what his agenda is & he has to have someone in mind for his vacated seat. Someone that would help him further his agenda. Why wouldn't he give input on the choice, or potential choice(s)?

Disussing it is not even unethical. Giving the Governor favors for accepting his choice is unethical.

jimpeel

The 0bama media won't cover anything that says a bad word about the Messiah -- one has to look for "other sources."

My favorite part of your linked story:

Obama once joked at a charity “roast” that the notoriously crude Emanuel - who was elected to Congress in Blagojevich’s old seat - was rendered “practically mute” when he lost his middle finger in an accident.

“When you are Rahm Emanuel and you use the f-word all the time, it is supposed to be cute and amusing,” Norquist said. “When the governor of Illinois gets caught, people say, ‘Oh, he’s crazy’, and the proof that he is crazy is that he talks like Rahm Emanuel.

Frodo

Couple of thoughts:

1) It looks like Obama's team did not play ball with Blago.

2) In light of the above, why did BO say that he did not discuss the appointment with Blago? He had nothing to hide here.

3) Why did Fitzpatrick pull the trigger so soon. Was he worried that BO was going to start playing ball?

2minkey

bootlicker
Couple of thoughts:

1) It looks like Obama's team did not play ball with Blago.

of course they did. and i'm sure they burned down palin's church, too.

no, seriously, thanks for being reasonable and acknowledging #1. too many "conservatives" like you are so busy with the obama witchhunt their faculties of reason are absent.

Cerise

3) Why did Fitzpatrick pull the trigger so soon. Was he worried that BO was going to start playing ball?

The Media Burned it Down

Conventional wisdom holds that U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald ordered the FBI to arrest Rod Blagojevich before sunrise Tuesday in order to stop a crime from being committed. That would have been the sale of the Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

But the opposite is true: Members of Fitzgerald’s team are livid the scheme didn’t advance, at least for a little longer, according to some people close to Fitzgerald’s office. Why? Because had the plot unfolded, they might have had an opportunity most feds can only dream of: A chance to catch the sale of a Senate seat on tape, including the sellers and the buyers.

The precise timing of Tuesday’s dramatic, pre-dawn arrest was not dictated by Fitzgerald, nor was it dictated by the pace of Blagojevich’s alleged “crime spree.” It was dictated by the Chicago Tribune, according to people close to the investigation and a careful reading of the FBI’s affidavit in the case.

At Fitzgerald’s request, the paper had been holding back a story since October detailing how a confidante of Blagojevich was cooperating with his office.

Gerould Kern, the Tribune’s editor, said in a statement last week that these requests are granted in what he called isolated instances. “In each case, we strive to make the right decision as reporters and as citizens,” he said.

But editors decided to publish the story on Friday, Dec. 5, ending the Tribune’s own cooperation deal with the prosecutor.