ObamaCare revisited

spike

Hey spike, it looks like he asked the question I've been driving at for months & the esteemed Sen Leahy didn't have an answer. In fatc, he specifically showed that he has no idea what authority he does have. I'd suggest Article 1 section 8.

We've covered that. I'm still waiting for you to find the authority for manning bases in countries we're not at war with, nation building, spreading democracy, or "bring them out the the second century". Remember how you couldn't answer that?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, I remember answering that. You may not like the answer but it is there, in section 8.

spike

None of that stuff is enumerated there. I just checked again and ....nope.

Want to give me some passages? Let's start with "bringing them out of the 2nd century" maybe.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations
This one is a bit of a stretch

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal,
note, there are no caveats as to the limitations of when or reasoning

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

there, again

ResearchMonkey

You obviously don't spreak liberal Goz, its a very different method of interpretation of words. It much more progressive and flipp-itty-flopp-itty . :hippy:

spike

You obviously don't spreak liberal Goz, its a very different method of interpretation of words. It much more progressive and flipp-itty-flopp-itty . :hippy:

No it's actually pretty straight forward. With clear straight forward thinking you can see that these things are not enumerated.

I know you were just trolling though and didn't really have anything useful to say.

ResearchMonkey

So if Health care is passed.........

Will thwe Unions and SEIU have to put their billions into the pot since their future obligations will be assumed by the Gov't?

I mean, they have billions that are suppose to be paying for peoples health care, what happens to all these billions when it no longer needed for union-retirement health care?

I wonder if the bill has a method to get these fund that have already been paid for?

ResearchMonkey

No my friend the direction of money flow will
not reverse, only intensify.
But the health care has already been paid for. Millions of people have the money just sitting there wating for them to get sick...... why not use that money to help offest the cost of health care.

.....otherwise, who gets to keep all those billions of dollars? :shrug:

Winky

Have you ever known the government to have a problem
when it comes to getting rid of hundreds of billions of dollars?
I’d say it’s one of the things it does best.

ResearchMonkey

Have you ever known the government to have a problem
when it comes to getting rid of hundreds of billions of dollars?
I’d say it’s one of the things it does best.
I'm not talking about the bailouts. I'm talking about the billions of reserves that are suppose to pay for future health care of people who retire from union jobs.

There should be billions of reserved dollars that will no longer be needed to provide health care.

Winky

The bottomless reserve is the ability to tax future generations
of Americans. Limitless supply of revenues there buddie.
The State owns the people.
Were you absent the day they taught Marx 101?

spike

So if Health care is passed.........

Will thwe Unions and SEIU have to put their billions into the pot since their future obligations will be assumed by the Gov't?

Wow, you need to get yourself informed. The unions obligations will not be assumed by the government.

You really haven't looked into this at all have you?

Winky

Will the Unions and SEIU have to put their billions into the pot since their future obligations will be assumed by the Gov't?

You really need to read the healthcare bills, pick either the 1,800 page one
that includes the public option but can’t be passed
or the four others that haven't been written yet?

Better yet, it would behoove you to trust that the government is far better
equipped to make these decisions for your life and leave it at that.

spike

Yes, government healthcare has proven to be more efficient and effective in many countries.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The unions obligations will not be assumed by the government.

Let's take a look at this, shall we?

The Company annually pays $3500, per employee, to cover their insurance. More if the employee has dependents. However, let's stick to a single employee.

Under the current proposal, the Company can continue to pay the insurance.

or

The Company can pay an annual fine of $1400, per employee, issued by the federal government, for not insuring their employee.

At that point, the federal government makes the employee, and everybody else, pay $7200, annually, for government run healthcare.

Fiscally, what do you think the Compnay would do? What makes the most economic sense?

The Company can then provide the employee a raise of, let's say $1600.

Everybody comes out ahead.
The Company has saved $500. per employee.
The employee gets a decent raise.

The government gets, wait, the employee is now being forced to pay more for their insurance than the for-profit carrier demanded.

Something ain't right.

Winky

Now that is wholly inaccurate as no one has even seen the healthcare bill
as it hasn’t even been written and won’t be until it is passed.
So stop your unreasonable opposition, how can you oppose something you know nothing about?