Oh cry me a river

Professur

If God wants to establish a dead zone and be unforgiving about that would be entirely different. Seems pretty clear from Jesus' example that he would be against killing people that were trying to make a better life for themselves.

Lovely thing that separation of church and state, isn't it? Frankly, the only Jesus I see involved is the undocumented immigrant heading north with his 8 kids and pregnant wife.

We're not talking about secured military sites.

I find it incredibly sad that you don't consider your border either secured or military. Not surprised, but sad.

spike

Lovely thing that separation of church and state, isn't it? Frankly, the only Jesus I see involved is the undocumented immigrant heading north with his 8 kids and pregnant wife.

You seem to be changing the subject. Many people think that the teachings of Jesus should apply to everything you do. You must not be christian tho'.

That's fine if you aren't but it seems some people that are like to forget about his teachings whenever it's convenient.

I find it incredibly sad that you don't consider your border either secured or military. Not surprised, but sad.

I'm sorry you don't respect our laws but the border lands do not fall under the definition of a secured military site and therefore shooting on site would not be legal.

I suppose in your country the borders are considered secured military sites and allow shooting anyone on site?

catocom

spike, 'we' didn't 'find' anything of the sort.
I just overlooked getting back to it.

IMO changing a law that would diminish our sovereignty Is treasonous.

As Gonz said, it goes against the will of the majority of the citizens, also IMO.

If there is doubt of this, on a subject of this importance, it should be brought
the a Full vote of the citizens.

Professur

I'm changing the subject? I don't recall bringing the Bible or Jesus' teachings into the conversation. Nice try.

Frankly, I've never claimed respect for your country's laws. I personally find them frequently laughable. IMHO, every country's border should be a secure zone, guarded by their military. Indeed, from where I stand, that's where a country's military belongs.

spike

IMO changing a law that would diminish our sovereignty Is treasonous.

As I said there sovereignty is self-government. Changing laws would actually be making use of our self government and entirely legal. Therefore it does not fit either diminished sovereignty or treason.

You need to find some different words to express your position as these don't fit.

As Gonz said, it goes against the will of the majority of the citizens, also IMO.

If there is doubt of this, on a subject of this importance, it should be brought
the a Full vote of the citizens.

I'm all for a vote on that if we can also get a full vote of the citizens to decide whether we should stay in Iraq, universal healthcare, CO2 regulation, etc

spike

I'm changing the subject? I don't recall bringing the Bible or Jesus' teachings into the conversation. Nice try.

I brought it up. We started discussing it, then you switched up to some nonsense about separation and a Jesus joke. Nice try.

Frankly, I've never claimed respect for your country's laws. I personally find them frequently laughable. IMHO, every country's border should be a secure zone, guarded by their military. Indeed, from where I stand, that's where a country's military belongs.

Well great. Don't respect our laws, encourage illegal actions, and propose we start murdering people. Good for you.

But you're against stem cells. :laugh:

So you avoided the question about your borders being shoot on site secured military sites. Is it like that or are you just proposing things for our country that you don't even do?

catocom

As I said there sovereignty is self-government. Changing laws would actually be making use of our self government and entirely legal. Therefore it does not fit either diminished sovereignty or treason.

how about this...
When the representatives don't do what the people elected them to do, it
isn't self-governing, it's anarchy.

Professur

I brought it up. We started discussing it, then you switched up to some nonsense about separation and a Jesus joke. Nice try.

Well great. Don't respect our laws, encourage illegal actions, and propose we start murdering people. Good for you.

But you're against stem cells. :laugh:

So you avoided the question about your borders being shoot on site secured military sites. Is it like that or are you just proposing things for our country that you don't even do?

*yawn* Spike. Get help. There's medication for that. You bring shit into a conversation and get pissy when I don't follow your lead to where you want to play .... off you go son. The grown ups are trying to talk.
My borders aren't the ones being overrun at the moment. But you might want to look up Hadrian's wall and the battle of Trafalgar. Not to mention WWII. My country takes invasion seriously.
And that you think that your military shooting invaders crossing your border is murder ... that would be the source of the problem to begin with.

And I've never been against stem cells. I've been against ripping embryos apart to get them. Little bit of a difference there. Just like there's a bit of a difference between someone stepping on a hidden landmine, and someone knowingly walking out into a minefield. One of the two qualifies as murder. When you manage to figure out which one is which, let me know. I might decide you're worth the effort at that point. Til then ..... bye bye.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
People shouldn't cross illegally, but they shouldn't deserve to die either. That kinda reminds me of the people from East Germany trying to reach West Berlin.

I'm not comparing Mexico (nor any other country in South America) with East Germany, but the situation is comparable in that these people are trying to reach a better life. Whether they can do it at home or not, is debatable.

spike

*yawn* Spike. Get help. There's medication for that. You bring shit into a conversation and get pissy when I don't follow your lead to where you want to play .... off you go son. The grown ups are trying to talk.

You're the one being childish if you are unable to respond rationally. I'm not getting pissy at all, just pointing out where you're wrong. You got backed into a corner on a point and bailed out. That's fine. Just don't whine about it when I call you on it.

If you can't have a conversation without resorting to insults it's you that need to go take a time out and let the grown ups talk.

My borders aren't the ones being overrun at the moment. But you might want to look up Hadrian's wall and the battle of Trafalgar. Not to mention WWII.

Not applicable. This isn't a military invasion it's poor people looking for a better life. Next?

And that you think that your military shooting invaders crossing your border is murder ... that would be the source of the problem to begin with.

Our laws define it as murder. You are proposing illegal activities that are considered much more serious crimes than crossing the border. That makes you a problem.

And I've never been against stem cells. I've been against ripping embryos apart to get them. Little bit of a difference there.

Right your against ripping apart embryos legally to get stem cells but all for killing poor people and do-gooders illegally.

Until you can see your hypocrisy I suggest you stop trying to encourage illegal activity in our country that your own country doesn't even do.

Just like there's a bit of a difference between someone stepping on a hidden landmine, and someone knowingly walking out into a minefield. One of the two qualifies as murder. When you manage to figure out which one is which, let me know.

What you keep failing to figure out is the thing you're encouraging qualifies as murder in reality and the thing you're against doesn't.

spike

People shouldn't cross illegally, but they shouldn't deserve to die either. That kinda reminds me of the people from East Germany trying to reach West Berlin.

I'm not comparing Mexico (nor any other country in South America) with East Germany, but the situation is comparable in that these people are trying to reach a better life. Whether they can do it at home or not, is debatable.

:thumbup:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

Luis...what does the Mexican government do to illegal aliens?

BeardofPants

A political boundary is generally a geo-political and/or administrative feature, not (necessarily) a military zone. The two are different entities, though obviously there can be cross-over (no pun intended).

The border between the states & mexico is not a military zone, as far as I'm aware. Isn't it patrolled by federal agents rather than military these days?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
A political boundary is generally a geo-political and/or administrative feature, not (necessarily) a military zone. The two are different entities, though obviously there can be cross-over (no pun intended).

The border between the states & mexico is not a military zone, as far as I'm aware. Isn't it patrolled by federal agents rather than military these days?

It is patrolled by federal agents. The Posse Comitatus Act forbids the military from internal police duties. The National Guard, however, can be used. Problem is, they cannot use their weapons, so why use them at all?
Meanwhile, the invasion of the US by its southern neighbors (not just Mexico) continues...