Oh cry me a river

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
People shouldn't cross illegally, but they shouldn't deserve to die either. That kinda reminds me of the people from East Germany trying to reach West Berlin.

I'm not comparing Mexico (nor any other country in South America) with East Germany, but the situation is comparable in that these people are trying to reach a better life. Whether they can do it at home or not, is debatable.

The difference is, we can't afford to have them all come in, as they wish.
Mexico is providing reasons & assistance to get yours out of their homeland & into ours.

East Germany (et al) was keeping them in.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Mexico is providing reasons & assistance to get yours out of their homeland & into ours.

The government has issued information about the risks of crossing the border. How to best survive if they are willing to go through anyway and what are their rights if they get caught.

That's hardly an assistance, our government is just releasing information to protect our citizens.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The government has issued information about the risks of crossing the border. How to best survive if they are willing to go through anyway and what are their rights if they get caught.

That's hardly an assistance, our government is just releasing information to protect our citizens.

It's hardly a deterrent either though, would you agree?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
yeah no shit if they can't shoot those fuckers then why bother?

:rolleyes: Guess you didn't hear about rounds being fired at the Border Patrol, eh? What would make the National Guard any different? If you're going to make people perform police duties, isn't it logical to give them the proper training and equipment to go with the job?