Oh noez! Gonz is punishing me! ZOMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sometimes, ya get in a pissing contest. I was wrong. However, put in context, I wasn't particualrly out of line.

valkyrie

That has never happened. It's not happening here. In fact, I've been the most vocal (and often singular) proponent for absolute free speech in the RW. The only hardcore rule has been to attack the idea, not the person. Truthfully, I quit doing much more than scanning most threads in the last several months because of childish behavior & boring subject matter.
I have been to a board where it happened. They decided they wanted to be "pg-13" and made an attempt to crack down on anyone that didn't toe the line.

I like the free speech of this board. And I may have a tougher skin than some.

Ideas are not being bandied about. Criticisms of posters, the choice of material and sources have taken over ideological discussions. I get pissy because nobody seems willing to actually discuss an opinion. I get pissy because people hide behind the AUP (which has gone missing) & walk the edge instead of discussing the matter at hand. I've left because I've had enough.
This is true. Some people seem to take it personally when you do not conform to their ideas. I'm not sure why, but this makes those people extremely upset.

valkyrie

The post was edited as your link clearly shows. I was scolded and I have not repeated the faux pas. It was a personal comment given in a humorous, to me, roundabout way (Imagine a Sherlock Holmsian figure complete with pipe saying the above). Gonz killed the comment and posted exactly what is now posted there cautioning me against personal attacks.

Whether he came to the post by exploration or invitation I have no idea and don't particularly care. I won't do it again.

Now, to the public apology to Spike. I posted the comment publicly and I am apologizing likewise.

Spike, I am sorry if you were offended by my post and I will endeavor to avoid such conduct in the future. You have this way of getting under people's skin and they finally get nasty. I should not have done so and I was wrong to have allowed myself to make such a comment.

As far as I am concerned, Gonz could let you out right now and I would not be unhappy in the least. I like a good foil and you have been better than most.

This will be my only post at this thread.

See ya on the board.

j
I think it was Cerise that sent the complaint to Gonz and resulted in the events which sent Spike here.

spike

Spike is in the KK for ignoring a warning about personal attacks and then rudely arguing about it.

He will remain in here until he decides to play by the rules.

Look, that's just not accurate. I did anything but ignore the warning. I tried to talk to you about it and discuss exactly how these supposed rule have been applied. You may have not liked the tone but I don't know what else you'd expect.

You still have yet to clarify exactly how it was a personal attack just because Cerise was in the discussion. What you have said is that if I'm talking to Cerise I can't use that word but otherwise it's ok. Right?

Is Libtard ok under any circumstance? What are the rules on the misspellings exactly?

What if you just said none of them ever adds anything to the discussion?

catocom

We could all try a little self moderating too.

I do it all the time.:glasses: (or try)
I'm not perfect though.

the way I am, the more personal you try to get, the more logic I try to apply.
I can usually tell when it's a *poke*

MrBishop

We could all try a little self moderating too.
Works to a point. There'll still be a need for Mods/Admins to clean up Spammers, move threads and other secretarial duties.... actual judgments on members should be rare..but the rarity depends on the level of self-moderation.

valkyrie

I do it all the time.:glasses: (or try)
I'm not perfect though.

the way I am, the more personal you try to get, the more logic I try to apply.
I can usually tell when it's a *poke*
No one is perfect and I'll be the first to admit that I am far from perfect. It is very difficult to distinguish a friendly poke and an unfriendly jab.

Cerise has been doing a little extra trolling lately. My strategy at the moment is to give her a few days without my responses and see if this brings her closer to being less inflammatory. We'll see if this strategy works (but I have little hope).

valkyrie

Self-moderating? Screw that, I'm outta control!!!!!!!!!
Weee!
Dude, this is the second time today someone has referred me to this video. What gives? I thought the song was called Gonads And Strife.

"When you're a kid and you don't have drugs yet and you want to go Weeeeeeeeeeee! You hold on to your life... you hold on to your little .... gonads and strife...."

Winky

By the way I'm perfect.

Din I recall a pic of her from somewhere’s
the now defunk OTC photo album perhaps?

Wasn’t she this cute kinda Goth girl?

jab jab poke poke poke

catocom

No one is perfect and I'll be the first to admit that I am far from perfect. It is very difficult to distinguish a friendly poke and an unfriendly jab.

Cerise has been doing a little extra trolling lately. My strategy at the moment is to give her a few days without my responses and see if this brings her closer to being less inflammatory. We'll see if this strategy works (but I have little hope).

my strategy is to try to lead by example, not respond.
You can't change people, you can only show them by leading.
Then influence can possibly come into play.
Trying to lead in most other ways, does not usually work in the end.

Winky

Oh! ye'll take the high road and
I'll take the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye;

Cerise

Oh, shit! Really?

I'm watching Cerise make accusations against me of personal attacks in the RW forum, though I haven't made any. She is either insane or just really bad at making shit up. I'm guessing she's trying to have me banished like Spike to the KK. :rolleyes:

Oh Shit, Really?? You mean this? It's not an accusation, it's a fact:

Can you go a little further in your analysis and provide some info to back up your claims other than resorting to your tattered collection of criticism and personal attacks on me?

Any reply from you to me has been in the form of a personal attack. There are 2 stickies at the top of the RW forum for your reference of behavior not allowed.

:shrug: This is just over the last month.

[url="
http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=631390&postcount=150"]Yeah... there she goes again. :retard:
/points to Cerise's latest blatherings

I'm not sure if she's really that ignorant, or she's just pretending to be. It's hard to tell.

"Cerise, Cerise, Cerise."

Interesting how you have 20 posts in this thread, and nearly half have my name in them. Do you have some kind of obsession? Maybe CDS?

valkyrie

By the way I'm perfect.
ccde80312b6fdd12

Din I recall a pic of her from somewhere’s
the now defunk OTC photo album perhaps?

Wasn’t she this cute kinda Goth girl?

jab jab poke poke poke
Who? Cerise? You gonna hook up w/her? ;) (Add another post where I mention Cerise' name. :lol: )

Winky

Nah Val I was referring to you, but turns out I musta been mistaken
(Ooops there goes that perfect thang down teh drain)
I had you mixed up with another female member of OTC.

As for Cerise
don't think my wife of 30 yrs would be signing off on that!

valkyrie

Nah Val I was referring to you, but turns out I musta been mistaken
(Ooops there goes that perfect thang down teh drain)
I had you mixed up with another female member of OTC.
Oh hells no dude... perfect? :rofl2: I'm not even close to perfect!!!! /ROFLMFAO!!! :evilgrin:
But thanks... I'm flattered you would think so.
/wipes tear of laughter from eye

As for Cerise
don't think my wife of 30 yrs would be signing off on that!
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.