Ohio man, son killed after Ark. cops fatally shot

valkyrie

It sounds like we're on the same page here mostly.
I wasn't suggesting he was mentally ill because he held the beliefs of that group,
or that that group is in any way bad etc...
I do think it's been hijacked somewhat like other groups that started out good, then got a little too radical because of some.
No, this guy had other problems, if you can find more info on him.
I won't provide links here, but they are out there atm.

It does my conscience good to hear you stand for freedom in that way. :cool2:
I'm pretty mainstream, middle of the road. I don't like the Far Right Christians high jacking our legal system and pushing their Christian conservative agenda and trying to regulate my personal life (as well as pushing their agenda in public schools) any more than I like the Far Left pushing their agenda. There are far more of people like me than people realize because we keep to ourselves and don't push our personal beliefs on others. We're quiet, so the politicians think we don't exist. But we're out there, and we vote.

valkyrie

Yo, Cat... found some links... this is what I was talking about with the folks that call themselves "Patriots"...
Members of so-called patriot groups don't recognize the authority of the U.S. government and consider themselves sovereign citizens.

JJ MacNab, a Maryland-based insurance analyst who has testified before Congress on tax and financial scams, said she had been tracking Kane for about two years and that his business centered on debt-avoidance scams.

Potok said such scams are common in the sovereign citizen movement.

"He basically promised them they would never have to repay their mortgage or credit card debt," MacNab said.
Never have to repay their loan? What a con artist! You give your word that you will repay a loan with interest and you should do so.

catocom

yeah, I hadn't heard of the 'movement'
That guy used the word 'tracking', but who determines what's
'tracking', and what's 'stalking'?

The whole thing is just freaky.

Cerise

Maybe the Kanes were just paranoid enough to think that they were facing the showdown they always knew was going to happen....that they carried guns for....... after they got T-boned in the parking lot and fired upon. :shrug:

Dash cams of the first stop vs. the shootout will tell the story.

Winky

White man, son executed by Arkansas cops

after they got T-boned in the parking lot and fired upon.
Dash cams of the first stop vs. the shootout will tell the story.

Just another White Father and Son machine gunned to death
in a Walmart parking lot. Nothing to see here move along.

Righteous kill Dude.

spike

Re: White man, son executed by Arkansas cops

Just another White Father and Son machine gunned to death
in a Walmart parking lot.

What other father and son machine where shot in a Walmart parking lot? Did they kill a couple cops first too?

catocom

Did they kill a couple cops first too?

Let me see if I have this straight, on your position...
if not please clarify....

When if comes to the new AZ law, you think police are bigots,
but if they kill white people that belong to a certain group, you want
to give them the benefit of a doubt.
Do I have that right?

spike

When if comes to the new AZ law, you think police are bigots,

I have no idea where you got that. I never called the AZ police bigots.

but if they kill white people that belong to a certain group, you want
to give them the benefit of a doubt.

No, I don't give them the benefit of the doubt killing any color people of any group. If anyone pulls weapons after killing two police officers their going to get shot at.

Cerise said:
And also no objections to "drug stops?" Wassupwitdat??

I do object to those. Doesn't excuse killing police.

valkyrie

yeah, I hadn't heard of the 'movement'
That guy used the word 'tracking', but who determines what's
'tracking', and what's 'stalking'?

The whole thing is just freaky.
If you had ever listened to a couple of these folks talk you'd understand why the Sheriff of their hometown had a warning about them. Paranoia does not even begin to describe. I'm telling you.
I have to wonder why FoxNews buried this story so quick, and so deep.
I didn't know they buried the story (but then I don't watch TV or frequent Fox News online either). How do you mean it was "buried"? Curious.

catocom

I have no idea where you got that. I never called the AZ police bigots.
I guess you didn't actually use the B word.
You do think they'll pickup, and or harass hispanics though...is that right?

No, I don't give them the benefit of the doubt killing any color people of any group. If anyone pulls weapons after killing two police officers their going to get shot at.
so, you know for sure that these are the guys that killed those other 2 officers?

catocom

How do you mean it was "buried"? Curious.

it was on the main page, and now there's nothing, not even on the secondary
sectionals.

Lots of different groups 'say' some wild things, even unions, and university professors.
That doesn't mean all those people should be killed.

valkyrie

it was on the main page, and now there's nothing, not even on the secondary
sectionals.

Lots of different groups 'say' some wild things, even unions, and university professors.
That doesn't mean all those people should be killed.
I agree! Freedom of Speech and all that. :) Hell, the KKK is even allowed to say whatever fucked up shit they want to say too. Same with Neo-Nazis. This is America and I wouldn't want it any other way.
/waves flag of the good ole USA

Maybe Fox is waiting for the police investigation to be complete. There should be a release by now, though. Not sure. If the police vehicles, including the one that stopped the van on the interstate, had their video running they're probably going through each one and documenting.

Granted, I do not doubt that this guy was a 1st class nut job. However, I would not point fingers in any direction until all evidence is known.

catocom

that's where I'm at.
Like I say, there's just something freaky-not-right here.

It doesn't happen very often, but this isn't the first time I've seen a story buried by then, or others.

I'm betting there may be mor video out there, and of coarse I think the investigation is still on-going.

We'll see....maybe.

spike

I guess you didn't actually use the B word.
You do think they'll pickup, and or harass hispanics though...is that right?

They can detain anyone (hispanic or not) until they prove their legal status even when no offense has been committed. A pretty serious attack on freedom.

so, you know for sure that these are the guys that killed those other 2 officers?

"The man and his teenage son are suspected of fatally shooting two Arkansas police officers during a traffic stop before they died in a shootout.

Jerry Kane Jr., 45, of Forest, Ohio, and his son Joseph Kane, believed to be 16, were killed during an exchange of gunfire with officers in a Walmart parking lot, Arkansas State Police said Friday.

The shootings came about 90 minutes after West Memphis police Sgt. Brandon Paudert, 39, and Officer Bill Evans, 38, were attacked with AK-47 assault rifles after they stopped a minivan on Interstate 40 in West Memphis on Thursday, authorities said."

catocom

They can detain anyone (hispanic or not) until they prove their legal status even when no offense has been committed. A pretty serious attack on freedom.
[/I]

wrong
It specifically says ONLY if they have committed another offense.
(paraphrased)

You Still haven't read it?

spike

wrong
It specifically says ONLY if they have committed another offense.
(paraphrased)

You Still haven't read it?

It absolutely does not say they have to have committed an offense. You are definitely wrong and obviously haven't read it.