Open Season on Your Cat

chcr

Too cute for words
greenfreak said:
I'm not the typical Real World poster, and avoid that forum because most people can't have an adult, civil conversation without taking things personally, calling people names, or making personal comments.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :lloyd:

Professur

Thulsa Doom said:
clearly you’ve never had a cat (that you’ve cared about at least). Clearly you aren’t too familiar with the laws of statistics. Even the best most caring pet owners can lose control of their pets for the 5 seconds it takes someone to lock load and blow up a 6 pound feline with a bushmaster. This is good enough for you? Last time I checked skunks weren’t the second most common pet. Nor were raccoons or field mice. So if someone shoots one of those the likelihood of it being someones pet is rather remote. While the chance that a cat strolling through your backyard in a suburb IS someones pet and NOT a feral cat.

oh well then heres a good solution. Lets shoot them! Great thinking. A lot of parents are lazy and had kids because they were horny and don’t exhibit any control over them either. Can I go to the mall with a couple shot guns and pick em off when they have tantrums in public?

well clearly youre fine with killing peoples pets then. what a pathetic outlook on things. If you don’t like your neighbors cat walking through your yard theres an already provided solution: SUE YOUR NEIGHBOR. The NEIGHBOR is the one that should be ultimately responsible for allowing anything to happen to your property. Not an animal that doesn’t understand the concept of private property and cat hating. Killing a pet is simply barbaric no matter how you try to make it sound ok.

I fancy theres a lot of neighbors in this country who don’t get along and a lot of them have cats. See where im going now…

Then you are actually advocating shooting kittens? Whats next? Nailing bunnies to trees by their ears and lighting them on fire? They don’t even let you shoot baby WILD animals in just about any species. Yer completely over the edge here. But Ill offer the obvious solution anyway. You find a wild kitten, instead of following your first impulse and shooting, it how about taking it to the SPCA and having them SPAY it. Then you don’t need to worry about them breeding anymore eh? And you can return them to their environment so they aren’t simply replaced by other kittens that CAN breed. That’s how catch and neuter and release works see…

you defended shooting cats… you JUST advocated shooting KITTENS! You trashed the idea of mass neutering and release. So if that’s NOT your solution what is exactly?

in a niche when you take out the predator other predators quickly take their place. You think you are going to shoot cats into extinction or something? No. You spay the cat and return it and it continues to play its role within that niche withOUT making more new cats. You shoot it and a new cat that can make more new cats takes its place that you DON’T kill. Its really pretty straight forward. The concept of shooting cats to save other animals doesn’t work.

The vast majority of our society. Who here has?

Yes.

absolutely.

did you not get the part when I said “and yes you will certainly have plenty of legitimate pets being killed if this goes through”? Note I DIDN’T say every wild cat should be a pet but that with this law youd CERTAINLY have ACTUAL pets being killed willy nilly and legally. That simply shouldn’t be allowed.

I see it almost every day in the suburb I live in actually. Can I shoot them when they knock over my trash can and make noise late at night?

youre not even playing devils advocate. We should ALL be biased against shooting pets. Its simply a ridiculous fake solution to a problem that the creator of the petition doesn’t even care about since he shoots birds himself.

You do realize there are some cats that will simply never stay in a collar. That’s why they make cat collars pull away. So they don’t strangle themselves trying to get the damn thing off. You cant expect cats to be little furry humans or even little cute dogs. They are CATS. And we need to understand what is ok for dogs doesn’t work for many many cats. And just because of that DOESN’T mean we should be shooting them.

Is this why you don’t like cats? Because you think their owners are lazy?

No its trap-neuter-RELEASE and they HAVENT! That’s the point! They don’t get enough funding to do it on the scale it needs to be done. And when they do do mass neutering they don’t have anywhere to do it so they use government facilities and everyone gets up in arms over catching possible cat diseases and what not and they are chased out of town by local politicians. That’s EXACTLY what happened here recently.

we need to try the idea that has been proposed all along and never followed through with on the right scale. The “new idea” is NOT killing cats.

Responsible as in what? Keeping an outdoor cat inside for the rest of its life for fear my neighbors will shoot it? Attempting the near impossible task of walking your cat? Get real.

Incorrect. You didn’t even read your OWN article you posted did you? Allow me:

the ONLY thing shooting cats will do will end up in killing pets and then youll certainly have people getting shot in response. Theres some serious cat owners out there that wouldn’t take too kindly to people shooting their beloved pet. Personally id probably fire bomb your house and torch your car but im nice.

One simple answer to a retarded post. If your cat means that much to you, look after it better. Personally, tho, I don't expect better from a cat-lover.

Thulsa Doom

greenfreak said:
As much as people around here like to argue, I don't. I like to actually discuss ideas and am actually open to other people's opinions. That's if people talk to me instead of TYPING IN ALL CAPS and OVERREACTING and telling me you are going to FIREBOMB MY HOUSE AND TORCH MY CAR.

I'm not the typical Real World poster, and avoid that forum because most people can't have an adult, civil conversation without taking things personally, calling people names, or making personal comments.

Even after all this, I'm not insulting you, am I? If you want to respond like an adult to my last post, I'll reply to you.

I responded perfectly to your last post. If you want to post nonsense thats easily refuted Im gonna counter it. And if you dont like a deserved punch in the nose then you shouldnt have picked the fight in the first place. Go play indignant victim somewhere else thanks. You know what they say about the kitchen...

Thulsa Doom

Professur said:
One simple answer to a retarded post. If your cat means that much to you, look after it better. Personally, tho, I don't expect better from a cat-lover.

Hey prof lemme know when you actually read the post before you respond to it. Theres not much one needs to say when people respond to a post with points that have already been refuted in the post itself. :D

greenfreak

Let's see, here's what I get from your posts:

• All cats are pets!
  • Kittens are cute!
  • Even the collarless ones are pets!
  • You can't kill the kittens and cats!
  • Humans are too weak to deal with the awesome strength and power of a cat!
  • Let's just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that the spay/neuter/release programs are working!
  • I'm going to insult and threaten violence for anyone that doesn't agree with me because they're MEAN and CAT HATERS and must be STUPID!
Yeah, there's a lot to refute there. You sure put me in my place with that "punch in the nose". How old are you again?

If you want to see what an adult discussion of differing ideas is like, read back to chcr's posts about dogs hunting animals. He didn't react like a crybaby and I conceded my point. You see how that works?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Humans are too weak to deal with the awesome strength and power of a cat!

:rofl3:

I don't hate cats. I don't much like most cats either. A cat who kills mice is a useful cat. A cat who does not is a waste in my book. I don't advocate the wanton killiong of any animal except snakes, who have no right to life anywhere near me. Yes, I am well aware of the roles played by snakes. Snakes too kill mice. I'd rather have the mice. Black snakes are very useful creatures who actually fight and kill venomous snakes, particularly rattlesnakes. Yeehaw for them, stay the fuck away from me and you will live.

Cat lovers are an unredeemable lot by and large. I liken them to people who prefer small, yipping dogs, aka barking rats. If a dog standing on its hind legs cannot reach mid-thigh on an adult male, it ain't the dog for me. I don't want it killed, mind you, any more than I want your cat killed. Just keep it away from me and don't expect me to like the animal all that much and we'll be fine.

HomeLAN

SouthernN'Proud said:
I don't advocate the wanton killiong of any animal except snakes, who have no right to life anywhere near me. Yes, I am well aware of the roles played by snakes. Snakes too kill mice. I'd rather have the mice. Black snakes are very useful creatures who actually fight and kill venomous snakes, particularly rattlesnakes. Yeehaw for them, stay the fuck away from me and you will live.

2 words. "410 gauge".

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
:rofl3:
I don't advocate the wanton killiong of any animal except snakes, who have no right to life anywhere near me. Yes, I am well aware of the roles played by snakes. Snakes too kill mice. I'd rather have the mice. Black snakes are very useful creatures who actually fight and kill venomous snakes, particularly rattlesnakes. Yeehaw for them, stay the fuck away from me and you will live.

:grinyes:

greenfreak

C'mon guys, is this not the most adorable thing you've ever seen?

1.jpg

:laugh: