Open Season on Your Cat

greenfreak

chcr said:
Sorry GF, but I have to agree with Gato here.
I think it's butt-ugly too, I was being sarcastic. :D

I knew someone who had one of these dogs, and they fawned over him night and day. But the dog had this problem where his eyes popped out of it's sockets. I just kept thinking, why they hell would someone what such an ugly dog with popping eyes?! Eiw.

chcr

Too cute for words
greenfreak said:
I think it's butt-ugly too, I was being sarcastic. :D

I knew someone who had one of these dogs, and they fawned over him night and day. But the dog had this problem where his eyes popped out of it's sockets. I just kept thinking, why they hell would someone what such an ugly dog with popping eyes?! Eiw.
Well, you wouldn't have to walk it. Just hold it out a window and squeeze. :lloyd:

Thulsa Doom

greenfreak said:
Let's see, here's what I get from your posts

clearly you have atrocious powers of comprehending. Im a little saddened for you that you apparently either cant understand straight forward language or you choose to ignore it. But lets have a look at your little list shall we.

[*]All cats are pets!

“did you not get the part when I said ‘and yes you will certainly have plenty of legitimate pets being killed if this goes through’? Note I DIDN’T say every wild cat should be a pet but that with this law youd CERTAINLY have ACTUAL pets being killed willy nilly and legally.”

:D You gotta love when someone doesn’t bother to read about when they were wrong in the first place and keeps saying the same mistake. :D

[*]Kittens are cute!

where did I say that exactly? maybe kittens don’t kill birds therefore the logic of this law shouldn’t apply to them. Cuteness doesn’t impress me in an animal frankly (maybe a girl).

[*]Even the collarless ones are pets!

:rolleyes: once more with authority now…

“did you not get the part when I said ‘and yes you will certainly have plenty of legitimate pets being killed if this goes through’? Note I DIDN’T say every wild cat should be a pet but that with this law youd CERTAINLY have ACTUAL pets being killed willy nilly and legally.”

[*]You can't kill the kittens and cats!

clearly YOU can or we wouldn’t be arguing this now would we.

[*]Humans are too weak to deal with the awesome strength and power of a cat!

no humans just don’t care and would rather shoot them then spend some money and time and energy approaching the problem in a sane way that would actually work.

[*]Let's just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that the spay/neuter/release programs are working!

and you are of course a foremost authority on this? Please Im all ears Ms. Wild life expert. How is it again that you know that spay-neuter-release programs don’t work? Id love to see the evidence on that. And while yer at it since yer such a big advocate lets see the reams of evidence on how shooting them is a highly effective way of dealing with the huge problem of cats eating birds. I can show you a few studies that say just the opposite when yer done looking.

[*]I'm going to insult and threaten violence for anyone that doesn't agree with me because they're MEAN and CAT HATERS and must be STUPID!

not necessarily stupid. Just callous and ignorant. But your in good company. That describes millions of our citizens actually. Not to fear. As for getting all hot and bothered over the fire bombing comments lets take a few steps back to see if we can get a better grasp on this particular form of communication…

the ONLY thing shooting cats will do will end up in killing pets and then youll certainly have people getting shot in response. Theres some serious cat owners out there that wouldn’t take too kindly to people shooting their beloved pet. Personally id probably fire bomb your house and torch your car but im nice.

youll notice this is what literary aficionados call “hyperbole”. If im already getting ahead of you here just let me know and ill flesh out an easy definition for you. The point of the post was to point out that if you enact a law making it legal to shoot peoples pets then you will CERTAINLY wind up with many cases of enraged pet owners some of whom would be liable to do anything in the heat of the moment. Now… when I stated I would only fire bomb your house and torch your care because im NICE its ISNT actually meant to mean that people who fire bomb houses and torch cars are actually nice people… but instead is meant to exaggerate the point thus reinforcing the concept that some people will resort to doing awful things when their loved ones (including but not limited to pets) are shot for no reason by a neighbor. In this case fire bombing a house is more “nice” then shooting you in the face. K? Now should we be creating laws that encourage people to shoot each other when there are much better alternatives to it? Generally, local, state and federal legislators try to avoid making any law that would only serve to encourage escalating emotional situations in which mortality may result ESPECIALLY if there is a better alternative. Capisci? Now, do you plan on ignoring this and whining a third time about this particular issue or we on the same page now? And by the way I was just kidding about the torching your car part… :D

You sure put me in my place with that "punch in the nose".

:D Beats a knee to the groin eh? That’s what I was expecting back. ;) and yes I agree with your assesment.
How old are you again?

Im male. We stop maturing mentally once we hit 15. and if someone chooses to antagonize us with bad information and small minded thinking a lot of us jump all over it. :shrug:

If you want to see what an adult discussion of differing ideas is like, read back to chcr's posts about dogs hunting animals. He didn't react like a crybaby and I conceded my point. You see how that works?

so yer saying youll concede your points if I shmooz with you and act like I don’t really care about the issue? What an interesting admission. Why get into it at all if you are already prepared to concede your points? Generally one responds to something because they know what they speak is the truth. Its not some weird social dance to see how the other will react. I posted this because its important to me. If you have a problem with the concept of any given issue being meaningful to someone then you probably shouldn’t be on a message board to be honest.

greenfreak

Your dizzying intellect finally got through to me so I went out and adopted a stray kitten.

Gun&Cat.jpg

Isn't he cute?

Thulsa Doom

greenfreak said:
Your dizzying intellect finally got through to me so I went out and adopted a stray kitten.

Gun&Cat.jpg

Isn't he cute?

well at least yer doing it in doors. Maybe you can make mittens with the furr.

chcr

Too cute for words
*sigh* Kitten mittens?

Please, please, please tell me that this did not occur to you.

Professur

Thulsa Doom said:
Hey prof lemme know when you actually read the post before you respond to it. Theres not much one needs to say when people respond to a post with points that have already been refuted in the post itself. :D

Actually read something posted by a cat slave? Why bother.

Sharky

I do not like cats. They jump up onto the hood of my truck, usually right after it's been washed, and leave sand and cat hair all over it. They pee on my patio and porch, which winds up stinking up the whole house. They serve no useful purpose other than perhaps killing a few mice. But shooting them is a little extreme.

Ours is a free-range neighborhood by mutual agreement, and if the dogs run free, so do the cats. All of them are spayed or neutered (as far as I know). The dog used to run them off my land, but apparently one of them got ahold of him and put out his cat-chasing fire.

So I came up with a practical solution that works, the cats stay away, their owners (sweet little old ladies) aren't deprived of their pets, and all is well in the neighborhood.

I started keeping a Super Soaker handy on the porch, loaded with ice-cold water with a little ammonia in it.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
I have 2 cats, but am a cat hater by heart. In my younger years i have done many many bad things to them to rid the earth. we lived out in the country and we seemed like the drop off for all the idiots that couldnt take care of a pet. And now if Im out in the woods hunting and a cat shows up, well.... cats lose

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No but I do know how many hunting dogs (German Short-Hair Pointers) it takes to catch one.

Starya

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm mean because I don't particularly like purring balls of fur and fleas?
Yes! Mean bastard! :crying4:

...hm, it would appear that my mom is mean too.. I knew it! That horrible woman!