Oreos getting sued for being tasty

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If we put a chain link fence around San Francisco & throw them scraps of food, will they leave well enough alone? Don't screw with my Oreo's.

Oreo cookies should be banned from sale to children in California, according to a lawsuit filed by a San Francisco attorney who claims that trans fat -- the stuff that makes the chocolate cookies crisp and their filling creamy -- is so dangerous children shouldn't eat it.

SF Gate

Aunty Em

So what are they gonna do next, ban dummies because they might damage kids teeth? :retard:

If people are bothered by what's in their food they don't have to eat it...

chcr

Too cute for words
Aunty Em said:
If people are bothered by what's in their food they don't have to eat it...
Sad, but yet another example of folks not really being interested in raising their own kids. It isn't the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but it's in the top twenty, for sure. :moon2:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
that should be a joke........

Can't believe all the stupid lawsuits that your justice department accepts.

Aunty Em

Luis G said:
that should be a joke........

Can't believe all the stupid lawsuits that your justice department accepts.

Ours are beginning to get more that way as well! :eek:

chcr

Too cute for words
Let's sue the refrigerator makers for keeping the milk cold so I can dunk my Oreos in it. Wait, let's sue the cows for producing the milk....:tardbang:

lacemyster

chcr said:
Let's sue the refrigerator makers for keeping the milk cold so I can dunk my Oreos in it. Wait, let's sue the cows for producing the milk....:tardbang:

and lets sue the farmers for even HAVING cows! :rofl3:

chcr

Too cute for words
lacemyster said:
and lets sue the farmers for even HAVING cows!
Don't want to do that. Where would we get the hamburgers to make us fat so we can sue MacDonalds because they didn't tell us that six or seven hamburgers a day would turn us into hippos.
:tardbang:

drkavnger99

This is the sickest most irreputable lawsuit I have ever heard of... Some stupid mofo thinks they can get money out of it I mean why else would they do it?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Cause they might just get Oreo to settle for a million or two to get it out of the press. I'm really starting to think Ole Billy Carter had it going on back in the 70's.

greenfreak

Joseph also believes his father's death from heart disease was caused in part by a lifelong diet of margarine and other foods made from trans fat.

It probably was, and that's HIS FAULT whether he's dead or not! Just because you die, it doesn't absolve you from all blame. Geez, everyone's so quick to find someone else to blame when someone dies. :rolleyes:

Someone left a box of Oreos in the kitchen at work yesterday (coincidence? I think not) so I had one. And I had forgotten just how good they were. So I had three more. :licklips:

lacemyster

chcr said:
lacemyster said:
and lets sue the farmers for even HAVING cows!
Don't want to do that. Where would we get the hamburgers to make us fat so we can sue MacDonalds because they didn't tell us that six or seven hamburgers a day would turn us into hippos.
:tardbang:

Good point, but sue them anyway! :D

Professur

And the rest of the world laughs at the stupid, decadent american scum, wallowing in the fecal matter of their revolution. Bill of Rights my ass.