Outrage anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uki Chick

I sent the following to a muslim friend of mine in the office. She didn't appreciate it one bit. The only thing that came to my mind was that the truth hurts!

OUTRAGED MUSLIMS! OH MY!

We wake up this morning to see video on CNN showing rampaging
Muslims around the world. In Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific
Rim ... Muslim Mobs spreading mayhem. It seems that these mighty
mad Muslims are rioting and firing their ever-present AK-47s into
the air because of cartoons. Yup ... this latest epidemic of
Muslim outrage comes to us because some newspapers in Norway and
Denmark published some cartoons depicting Mohammed. In a bomb
shaped turban.

Admit it, this turban/bomb thing could be the next big fashion hit
on the Muslim street! Muslim outrage huh. OK ...
let's do a little historical review. Just some lowlights:

Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.
No Muslim outrage.
Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to
escape a burning building because their faces were exposed. No
Muslim outrage.
Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to
school in Indonesia. A Christian school. No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.
No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and
hotels in Egypt. No Muslim outrage.
A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills
six. No Muslim outrage.
Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan,
Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back. No Muslim outrage.
Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich
Summer Olympics. No Muslim outrage.
Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of
children in Israel. No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London
subways and busses. Over 700 are injured. No Muslim outrage.
Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder. No
Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali. No Muslim outrage.
Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage
Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one
of the 125+ shooting wars around the world. No Muslim outrage.
Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their
shoes, then hang them from a bridge. No Muslim outrage.
Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting
Mohammed. Muslims are outraged.

Well that's just too damned bad. After learning of all those atrocities
Muslims have committed over these many past years,
I'm fresh out of outrage.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
They're too busy being "peace loving" to be outraged.

You also forgot the pacifist who drove his truck into a crowd of people in North Carolina.

MrBishop

Uki Chick said:
I sent the following to a muslim friend of mine in the office. She didn't appreciate it one bit. The only thing that came to my mind was that the truth hurts!
Good way to get fired too... same as sending a dirty joke to the hot chick in Acc.Payable. :shrug:

Uki Chick

Let's get this straight, I didn't write the email! She's also a friend with whom I've debated with about that stupid cartoon. I told her once before when she mentioned it originally that it's not worth talking to me about it, because I don't agree with it. I've been here longer than her, plus, it wasn't intended toward her, obviously, if I'm friends with her and she knows that. If she complains about me to the boss, she's a big baby and needs to get a life.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
racism.

plain and simple.

associating all muslims with the terrorist fringe.

same as saying all white people are members of the klan.

all germans are nazis.

all people in the south wanna lynch black people.

closer to home, all ukranians were nazi sympathizers.

It is promoting the ridiculous stereotype of the bearded fanatical muslim as the norm. Not being the author does not excuse perpetuating these myths.

I am sure most muslims are outraged by the actions of these terrorist, unfortunalty that does not make good news copy.

MrBishop

Uki Chick said:
If she complains about me to the boss, she's a big baby and needs to get a life.
That's what most men say right after being fired for having a racy calendar in their office, a desktop background with some girl in a bikini on it, or whose racy email ended up in the wrong hands.

Some people are just too touchy for their own good...or for yours for that matter. :shrug:

Not saying that this'd happen to you, Nat

Uki Chick

Starya said:
You don't really come off as a friend of her in this thread..

Please read carefully, I did not write this, I received it in an email. I do now believe completely in what is said in the email that I received either. I am not racist, after all, I was married to a Jewish guy!

Uki Chick

Secondly, I thought this would be a good topic for discussion, and once again it seems I'm being bashed.

I believe to a degree that the outrage that was put out by the Muslim population when the cartoon was published was taken out of hand. The fact that they were burning churches, etc over it was disgusting, yet on a day to day basis innocent people are dying and nothing is done.

Dave

i dont think anyone is trying to bash you. just trying to inform you that you might have erred in sending that to a muslim co-worker. doesnt matter if you wrote it or not, your name is on the e-mail. that in and of itself could get you into hot water if she complains.

i get the point you were trying to put across.
the apparent lack of muslim outrage is questionable. i would imagine that anything that would put muslims in a good light and make the administration look bad would be high on the medias agenda, but that doesnt seem to be the case.
now the question is, is the media ignoring examples of muslim outrage or has there been attempts at protest in muslim countries that have either been put down by the extremists, hence we see no examples of it.

Uki Chick

Well, just to clear things up, she's not complaining nor did she, because we're talking and joking. What pissed her off most this morning was a conversation between two coworkers in the department and one of them said that they should all be wiped out.

So those who think I have a problem with Muslims, I guess you're all wrong.

This friend of mine in the office never talks about any other outrages. She watched the Egyptian news etc, but when things like a cartoon come to light, she takes a complete fit. When it came up, I told her I can't be on her side, because I don't agree to the reactions of the people.

BeardofPants

I disagree with that piece of crap that you emailed out for one simple reason. This is not indicative or representative of all muslims. Those were acts of EXTREMISTS. No wonder she's upset, and if you don't get it, you must be even dimmer than even I had given you credit for. :rolleyes:

<edit> Oh I see you're backpedalling. Kinda contrary to what you first posted eh:

Starya

Uki Chick said:
Please read carefully, I did not write this, I received it in an email. I do now believe completely in what is said in the email that I received either. I am not racist, after all, I was married to a Jewish guy!
You forwarded it. :shrug:

It's kinda like when the Critter does something and gives me the phrase "..but it wasn't my idea.." Doesn't matter. If he takes part, he's just as responsible.

Uki Chick

Starya said:
You forwarded it. :shrug:

It's kinda like when the Critter does something and gives me the phrase "..but it wasn't my idea.." Doesn't matter. If he takes part, he's just as responsible.

Because I wanted to know her views about it and debate it with her. Therefore she got the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.