Outrage anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkara1

What you don't seem to realize is that YOU'RE PUTTING YOUR INCOME IN JEOPARDY by forwarding these sorts of things. Again, YOU'RE PUTTING YOUR INCOME IN JEOPARDY. Even if this person doesn't complain, the IT guy looking through e-mail logs might see it and report you, or the boss looking on her computer for something might find it, and so on. Then you can be fired for creating a hostile work environment, because in the company's eyes, even if you do your job very well, you're expendable if it comes to choosing between you and the possibility of a multi-million-dollar lawsuit.

This is the world we all live in today. You can say someone's a big baby and needs to get a life all you want, but that's no comfort when you're cleaning off your desk and being given your final paycheck.

BeardofPants

Exactly Ink. You may not have written the dirty joke, or taken the nasty pr0n picture, or starred in that MILF movie, but you sure as hell forwarded it on, eh?

Slim Pickens

Uki Chick said:
If she complains about me to the boss, she's a big baby and needs to get a life.

Pardon me for sticking my nose into this, but, the fact of the matter remains, that statement could cost you your job. The point behind harassment laws is to protect people that have made their displeasure known, yet the offensive actions/remarks/situations have not changed. Whether we agree with their issues or not, once their displeasure has been made known, we have to stop the offensive action...just like I wouldn't want to be associated with the KKK, all Muslims do not necessarily want to be associated with Hezbollah. Ridiculing her right to complain to her supervisor would only get you in that much more trouble, and make it that much harder to save your job.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Moved to the KK, guys everybody needs to relax. Yes, the email is full of stereotypes. But then again, let's not turn into the PC police.

Thou, I agree with the guys saying she risked her job.

Starya

Don't care 'bout Pc-ness, I just didn't think she came off as all that friendly, not only because of the forwarding, but also the choice of words about a friend.

Also, I must be reading posts with the wrong internal voice, 'cause I don't see anyone coming off as particularily tense. [re: the "relax"-comment. Mind you, if anyone is offering to give out backrubs: Tense woman this way! Needs relaxing!]

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
3 issues here...

The original points made about Muslims are valid. Publically held rallies termed "Muslims for America" or Muslims Love Peace" are hardly daily occurences. Muslim killing non-muslim is.

Should she have forwarded it? Probably not...but that is because we live in a scared PC society when few are willing to stray from the thought police agenda.

Was it a friendly gesture? Not unless it's a close enough friendship that this won't cause a rift.

It is a worthwhile discussion thread. Start another.

unclehobart

Not all... but most... and not for the 'we love Nazi ideology' stuff. Its just that the Rooskies were doing those purges left right and center. Life sucked and people starved. At least under Nazi control they could expect a little food and for the trains to run on time. There are a dozen cases just like it all through the Balkans for various reasons of territory and 1,000 year old ethnic hatred revenge.

Winky

Yep leaves one to wunder if the thin veneer of civilization was lifted from America who would start killin' who?

er mebbe who wouldn’t?

Uki Chick

Inkara1 said:
That's all I was saying. I hate the PC police but I like being able to pay the rent.

It's a lot nicer when you have no rent or mortgage to pay.

As to worrying about my job, I have no worries. If a guy can call others racist names in front of the bosses and he's still here, then I don't have to worry about a simple email.

Inkara1

I wouldn't be so sure of that. E-mail leaves a trail that verbal communication does not.

If your house is all paid off, that's great, although I'm sure you still have to pay property taxes on it, and the electric bill, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.