Pandering made simple...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'
free will?

catocom

I'm not sure what you're talking about, or getting at.
A person also has the choice of following/worshiping god, or not.

spike

There's no mention of an aisle or people accusing anyone of being bigots in that article.

2minkey

bootlicker
I'm not sure what you're talking about, or getting at.
A person also has the choice of following/worshiping god, or not.

i'm talking about who has the power to make such proclamations. here. on earth. that's the important part. all the other shit is culturally/historically arbitrary. don't matter if it's some god stuff or 55mph. that's all. nothing fancy.

catocom

i'm talking about who has the power to make such proclamations. here. on earth. that's the important part. all the other shit is culturally/historically arbitrary. don't matter if it's some god stuff or 55mph. that's all. nothing fancy.

well I personally go by the King James version for what I believe was inspired by God.

spike

well I personally go by the King James version for what I believe was inspired by God.

the Greek text which stands behind the King James Bible is demonstrably inferior in certain places. The man who edited the text was a Roman Catholic priest and humanist named Erasmus.1 He was under pressure to get it to the press as soon as possible since (a) no edition of the Greek New Testament had yet been published, and (b) he had heard that Cardinal Ximenes and his associates were just about to publish an edition of the Greek New Testament and he was in a race to beat them. Consequently, his edition has been called the most poorly edited volume in all of literature! It is filled with hundreds of typographical errors which even Erasmus would acknowledge.

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=665