PC Poll

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
same here i build all my own. but for work nothing but IBM.... for people at home who i dont want to support for the life of their machine Dell and the warranty. only because of their prices.

BawlxXxTung

I never really worked with IBMs, but Dell and there warranty are top of the line. I used both Dell and G-way and work, and the recently brough in Dells are sooooooo much better. Dell servers are great too, we just bought 7 of them.

chcr

Too cute for words
BawlxXxTung said:
Unfortunately they don't pay for shizzle, but good 401k and pension plan, but that's 44 years away for me.
I think maybe PT is referring to illicit "fringe benefits." :D Actually, we use mainly Dell PCs @ work, although we have a Digital server (old, slow and bulletproof). Got a couple IBMs as well. Oh, 15 locations plus a retread plant, mostly running UNIX and dumb terminals.

unclehobart

I am the dead opposite of everyone else here. All I have to do is just wave my hand over someones machine in the 'these are not the droids you want' fashion .. and the computer will suddenly break a hip.

HomeLAN

How do tyou think I learned half of what I know? :D

I think Unc has a static field around him. The unusual fuck-ups that boy manufactures - without actually doing anything unusual.