Pissed off, whiney-ass muslims

Professur

Apple's NY Fifth Avenue store is an 'insult to Islam'

Ka'ba lookalike ruffles feathers
By Lester Haines → More by this author

According to a report on The Middle East Media Research Institute, Apple's NY Fifth Avenue store has been slammed by "an Islamic website" as a "new insult to Islam".

The reason? Well, it resembles the Muslims' sacred Ka'ba, situated in the Masjid al-Haram mosque in Mecca:

Apple's Fifth Avenue Store and the Ka'ba

The "Islamic website" claims that since the offending structure is known as the "Apple Mecca", and "contains bars selling alcoholic beverages", it constitutes "a blatant insult to Islam". The site accordingly calls on Muslims to spread the word in the hope that "Muslims will be able to stop the project".

Sadly, it's a bit late for that, since the store opened for business back in May. We do have some good news, though. As far as we're aware it's not called the "Apple Mecca", it does not serve alcoholic beverages, and neither Jack Straw nor Salman Rushdie work behind the counter. ®

Source

they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They are always scraping the bottom of the barrel. Until we live in a Muslim world, under sharia, or they have their enlightening, this will become commonplace.

spike

But somehow I think Spikey's comment had a typo--he meant "a project on the Navy"--for some high school class.

But I hope he feels free to expound.

I can expound to a certain extent. The project is to enhance naval base security by ensuring compliance to a large number of issues from serious risks down to mundane issues like proper lighting. Data will be gathered and recommendations made..

I'm a consultant right now for a company that does compliance oriented projects. The last one was for the healthcare industry to insure patient medical record privacy compliance.