Pissed off, whiney-ass muslims

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's because NATO isn't under the control of the US so our left in't on topic.

Cerise

spike said:
What's real funny is how you decline to answer how many Iraqis you've polled, how many Arabic dialects you speak, or even what your supposed job is.

No, what's really sad is that you have no grasp of the reality that you should be thanking this man for his service to and defense of our country.

spike said:
Too bad you can't find any actual evidence to back up your point.

Hmmmmmmm. What's that you say? And it's even from your favorite terrorist-media outlet:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/19FB4F8E-9CE4-4DEE-9F80-701CF52D74E9.htm
Monday 25 September 2006, 20:17 Makka Time, 17:17 GMT

Talabani backs long-term US presence

"I think we will be in need of American forces for a long time - even two military bases to prevent foreign interference," Talabani told The Washington Post in an interview published on Monday.

"I don't ask to have 100,000 American soldiers - 10,000 soldiers and two air bases would be enough."

The president indicated that the bases would be most welcome in Kurdistan, an autonomous region in northern Iraq that has practised de facto self-government since the 1991 Gulf War.

But he suggested that the Sunni Arab segment of the Iraqi population would also welcome a long-term US military presence in Iraq.

"In some places Sunnis want the Americans to stay," he argued. "Sunnis think the main danger is coming from Iran now."

He should know, shouldn't he? He should know whether or not he needs US forces to maintain a presence in his country?

Now before you say "He's the president of Iraq, of course he will say that he wants the US to stay," realize that he has made that statement based on the fact that he has considered the nature of the threat from the enemy (Iran), their ability and determination to carry out their intentions instead of on "polling data."

spike

No, what's really sad is that you have no grasp of the reality that you should be thanking this man for his service to and defense of our country.

You seem unable to grasp the idea it has nothing to do with whether he is correct or not don't you?

Hmmmmmmm. What's that you say? And it's even from your favorite terrorist-media outlet:

My favorite media outlet? Can you show one thing I've quoted from there?

He should know, shouldn't he? He should know whether or not he needs US forces to maintain a presence in his country?

The subject was what the Iraqi people want not what the puppet wants.

Cerise

You seem unable to grasp the idea it has nothing to do with whether he is correct or not don't you?

I was observing that you have no respect for our Military.

My favorite media outlet? Can you show one thing I've quoted from there?

You love aljazeera and you know it. You support the terrorists, don't you? If you're not with us you're against us, and alJ certainly is.

The subject was what the Iraqi people want not what the puppet wants.

If they were aware of the threat imposed by Iran, they would not want us out so soon.

spike

I was observing that you have no respect for our Military.

You love aljazeera and you know it. You support the terrorists, don't you? If you're not with us you're against us, and alJ certainly is.

If they were aware of the threat imposed by Iran, they would not want us out so soon.[/QUOTE]

I have respect for the military. I'm doing a project for the Navy next month. I have no feelings about aljazeera and you seem to be grasping for that one.

I daresay Iraqis probably know a lot more about Iran than you do.

Cerise

I have respect for the military. I'm doing a project for the Navy next month. I have no feelings about aljazeera and you seem to be grasping for that one.

I daresay Iraqis probably know a lot more about Iran than you do.

Saying we want us out, that the loss of life is too great and we we should cut and run from Iraq undermines our troops, and weakens our resolve to win. Meanwhile alJiz gives press to AQ who says that we Americans do not have the heart for the battle: they use your words and meanings; your negativity emboldens our enemies. Maybe alJiz has some kind of polling data you can use.

You are doing some kind of project for the Navy next month? The Navy asked you to do some kind of project for them? In what capacity?

The question should be, do Iraqi citizens know more about Iran's motives than their president? You know, the one who said this:

The stakes of Iraq are enormous, world-shifting even. This is why our country should be a point of concern for every democratic country of the world. I can assure you that the immediate departure of coalition forces would only unleash tensions between different communities, the prospect of a safe Iraq wou ld be completely lost, and the previous descriptions of a civil war would seem insufficient and tame compared to the bloodshed of an Iraq that loses its international support.http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/sept2006/a092206pc1.html

I hear they want us to stay for awhile, even open an airbase or two.

spike

Saying we want us out, that the loss of life is too great and we we should cut and run from Iraq undermines our troops, and weakens our resolve to win. Meanwhile alJiz gives press to AQ who says that we Americans do not have the heart for the battle: they use your words and meanings; your negativity emboldens our enemies. Maybe alJiz has some kind of polling data you can use.

When the most of the troops themselves, the Iraqis, and the American people want us out and our own intelligence agencies report that the Iraq war has increased terrorism and made us less safe then forcing them to stay is undermining the will of all three groups and our nations security.

The people being fought in Iraq for the most part are locals who want us out. Not really enemies or a threat to the US.

But you can use republican catch phrases and ignore reality if you want. Good thing most Americans don't agree with you.

Cerise

BeardofPants

You ever think maybe the project is classified?
I work for the navy and I know I'm certainly not at liberty to discuss the work I do.

chcr

Too cute for words
Iran is funneling weapons and cash to buy the loyalty of armed groups in Iraq.....the policy of arming Iraqi militia is supported at high levels in Iran and not the work of rogue Iranian operatives.

I'm lost. What you say there supports Spike's assertion that we're fighting local Iraqis, it doesn't contradict it.

The Iranians are using the local Iraqi militias to bloody our noses and make us look bad at little or no risk to themselves. Pretty good tactic, too bad we're letting them do it. I'll say it again: We need to go in there with enough force to stand on the various Iraqi factions' throats until they capitulate or we need to get the fuck out. Neither tactic wins us any points on the world stage, but neither does the current tactic and it clearly isn't working.

The simple fact is that regardless of who wins the next presidential election, sooner or later we will pull our troops out of Iraq leaving nothing resolved. Anyone can look at the current situation and draw this conclusion, it's obvious. The question is how many American lives the government (both the current administration and the next, whoever it is) will throw away before someone has the guts to make the hard decision.

Cerise

You ever think maybe the project is classified?
I work for the navy and I know I'm certainly not at liberty to discuss the work I do.

Yes, I understand you had to pass a security clearance as a civilian employee working for the RNZN--congrats on the job, by the way ;)

But somehow I think Spikey's comment had a typo--he meant "a project on the Navy"--for some high school class.

But I hope he feels free to expound.

chcr said:
I'm lost. What you say there supports Spike's assertion that we're fighting local Iraqis, it doesn't contradict it.

We are fighting local Iraqis bankrolled by their Iranian sugar daddy.

They're residents of Iraq but they're Iran's pawns.

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...Q-USA-IRAN.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsHome-C1-topNews-5

chcr

Too cute for words
We are fighting local Iraqis bankrolled by their Iranian sugar daddy.
They're residents of Iraq but they're Iran's pawns.

I'll bet they think otherwise. I'm sure they're happy to get the aid, but I'm also sure that when the Iranians' (or their go betweens') instructions start running counter to what the insurgents want to do, it'll be a whole different story. It's happened to us on a hundred occasions, including some petty, third world dictator named Hussein and a foreign freedom fighter in Afghanistan named bin Laden. The real problem with history is that nobody ever learns from it.

I still don't understand why you were arguing with spike over something you substantially agreed about?????

Cerise

I still don't understand why you were arguing with spike over something you substantially agreed about?????

spike said:
The people being fought in Iraq for the most part are locals who want us out. Not really enemies or a threat to the US.

If Iran was out of the picture we would be out of Iraq sooner.

That Iran sponsors Iraqi militia makes it double the trouble.

*poke2*

chcr

Too cute for words
I see.

I disagree that we'd be out sooner if not for the Iranians, but they're troublesome for certain.