Pissed off, whiney-ass muslims

spike

Do you know what he does in Iraq, how many people he's polled, and what Arabic dialects he speaks?

If you do then maybe your "good enough for me" means a little something. Otherwise you probably just want to believe the Iraqis wish us no ill will and that the insurgents are all foreign no matter how much proof you see to the contrary.

Altron

Do you know what he does in Iraq, how many people he's polled, and what Arabic dialects he speaks?

If you do then maybe your "good enough for me" means a little something. Otherwise you probably just want to believe the Iraqis wish us no ill will and that the insurgents are all foreign no matter how much proof you see to the contrary.

First hand knowledge from a trustworthy person is always more accurate than statistics reported through some news site.

This is the internet. There is a lot of inaccurate information in existence. There are a lot of biased news sites. You can go out and find a website that says anything you want. If you can't, then you can make one.

It's completely stupid to ask somebody to provide links. How do we know those links are accurate? The surveryors probably put their spin on it. The statisticians probably put their spin on it. The writers probably put their spin on it. The news site probably put their spin on it. Just because something is on a website doesn't mean that it's true. The only way to know for sure is to experience it firsthand, which is something that Gato has done.

I'd take the word of a reliable person over that of a statistic any day of the week. Frankly, it's stupid to take an online statistic as undisputable fact.

How many heathen languages did the people giving the survey know? How many people did they poll? What were the exact questions on it? What were the exact mannerisms in which they were asked? How were results and statistics calculated?

Once you provide that information for your silly little made up numbers, then you might have a legitimate reason to request Gato to provide that information for his personal experiences.

Professur

First hand knowledge from a trustworthy person is always more accurate than statistics reported through some news site.

This is the internet. There is a lot of inaccurate information in existence. There are a lot of biased news sites. You can go out and find a website that says anything you want. If you can't, then you can make one.

It's completely stupid to ask somebody to provide links. How do we know those links are accurate? The surveryors probably put their spin on it. The statisticians probably put their spin on it. The writers probably put their spin on it. The news site probably put their spin on it. Just because something is on a website doesn't mean that it's true. The only way to know for sure is to experience it firsthand, which is something that Gato has done.

I'd take the word of a reliable person over that of a statistic any day of the week. Frankly, it's stupid to take an online statistic as undisputable fact.

How many heathen languages did the people giving the survey know? How many people did they poll? What were the exact questions on it? What were the exact mannerisms in which they were asked? How were results and statistics calculated?

Once you provide that information for your silly little made up numbers, then you might have a legitimate reason to request Gato to provide that information for his personal experiences.

I've got it on good authority that this table i'm working at is solid 2x10 lumber, and will withstand any impact that doesn't put it through the floor and into the basement. I've also got it on good authority that it's not actually solid at all, and in fact is made up mostly of empty space and vacumn, and things are passing through it all the time.

which one's true? you'll find arguments supporting both on the web.

this board's policy is that anything quoted requires footnoting, if only for copyright's sake. That link doesn't make it any more true or false. But it keeps Sam from losing his shirt.

spike

What's real funny is how you decline to answer how many Iraqis you've polled, how many Arabic dialects you speak, or even what your supposed job is.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
What's real funny is how you decline to answer how many Iraqis you've polled, how many Arabic dialects you speak, or even what your supposed job is.

1. I don't do polls. Polls are for people with an agenda they wish to forward. I've actually talked to Iraqi's...not asked them questions. Most of the ones I ran across were quite friendly, and spoke very good English.
2. What does that have to do with my observations? Even the most moronic person can tell the difference between a smile and a frown...a gesture of friendliness or anger...a face filled with fear, hatred, or apprehension. If you need more than that, you are in the wrong reality.
3. Again...what does this have to do with my observations?

Uki Chick

Media often times try to make it go their way and don't get the proper stories. Polls are polls like lots of people have said in this thread. I'll believe Gato over some stupid pole any day.

Spike, since when does Gato have to report to you anyway???

spike

1. I don't do polls. Polls are for people with an agenda they wish to forward. I've actually talked to Iraqi's...not asked them questions. Most of the ones I ran across were quite friendly, and spoke very good English.
2. What does that have to do with my observations? Even the most moronic person can tell the difference between a smile and a frown...a gesture of friendliness or anger...a face filled with fear, hatred, or apprehension. If you need more than that, you are in the wrong reality.
3. Again...what does this have to do with my observations?

1.So how many Iraqis have you talked to?

2. Hey Prof, see that? There you were worried about the pollsters ability to speak Arabic dialects and it looks like Gato_Solo is just going by facial expressions? Amazing.

3. If your a janitor we're going to wonder if you really talked to as many peopel as you claim. How many do you claim to have asked if they wish you ill will? Were you carying a mop or a gun while you did it?

spike

Media often times try to make it go their way and don't get the proper stories. Polls are polls like lots of people have said in this thread. I'll believe Gato over some stupid pole any day.

Spike, since when does Gato have to report to you anyway???

Gato_Solo often tries to lie to make things go his own way. His claims can easily be disproven but he likes to use the "cause I said so" technique.

Uki Chick

Gato_Solo often tries to lie to make things go his own way. His claims can easily be disproven but he likes to use the "cause I said so" technique.

Can you tell me 100%, without a doubt, that the media doesn't create stories to get more ratings and for things to go their way??? I very much doubt you can. The media portrays what they see and what some people tell them and at times what people say gets stretched to fit the storyline the media wants to sell.

Someone like Gato is in the middle of it, seeing it for his own eyes, talking to the people most affected by the presence of the soldiers and all. IMHO he'd have a better clue than any of the media.

Gato_Solo

1.So how many Iraqis have you talked to?

2. Hey Prof, see that? There you were worried about the pollsters ability to speak Arabic dialects and it looks like Gato_Solo is just going by facial expressions? Amazing.

3. If your a janitor we're going to wonder if you really talked to as many peopel as you claim. How many do you claim to have asked if they wish you ill will? Were you carying a mop or a gun while you did it?

1. 15 or 20.
2. They spoke English. If you paid attention, you'd have seen that.
3. Again. What has that got to do with my observations?

BB

You make fun of people's spelling errors and you can't even get your/you're right.

aw shucks - that's a tricky one - well, no not really- but if you are busy/ in a rush/ tired / drunk / whatever .... you know?

*emulates Bush on pre-empting responsibility :D ... as i probably am making tons of errors - takes another sip of Pouilly (SP?? - bah- now ye got me paranoid an all ... ;) *

i didn't pick you as a grammar nazi Inkara1?? :shrug:

Inkara1

I'm quite the grammar Nazi. I've just been keeping it on the DL unless provoked, such as when someone points out others' flaws when he has plenty of his own. Spike does that from time to time, so I find it necessary to help him realize that the stones he's throwing might put cracks in his glass house.

spike

1. 15 or 20.
2. They spoke English. If you paid attention, you'd have seen that.
3. Again. What has that got to do with my observations?

Ah, you spoke to 15-20 Iraqis and are claiming to know the feelings of the Iraqi population.

Time to give up the "cause I said so" arguement. If you can't backup your claims with links to evidence then don't bother.

spike

Obviously 15-20 Iraqis is not a sampling good enough to make the claims he did. So yes, links to real evidence are needed.

Gato_Solo

Obviously 15-20 Iraqis is not a sampling good enough to make the claims he did. So yes, links to real evidence are needed.

So when are you going to go there and see for yourself, since my sampling is not good enough? Perhaps you like to rely too much on other's work to form your opinion. Of course, that would require something you don't have, wouldn't it?