Pissed off, whiney-ass muslims

Miestro_jerry

You know liberty versus running water, electricity and other human needs, is maybe the appropriate point that we should look at now. Are these people better off?

I am too old for them to take me into the service, but I served in Vietnam. You know the great war to stop communism!

highwayman

Good thing spike is on my ignore list...
Some of the posts in response to spike can be humorous if the original post by spike is not seen...

BB

Hadn't he won by a 100% majorety?

I wonder if a vote was done here how many people would want to read any more of spikes rhetoric...

What - and emasculate Gato and everything he fights (fought??) for?

What a true blooded tribute Highwayman ;)

Hard fought freedoms is hardly a nice, sane, rational rose-tinted fun gig. But let's be clear - it is never a 100% self righteous exercise, as i beleieve Gato is saying, but neither is it the whole picture, never was, never is and never can be. Just reality.

A man must make a judgement as and when called for and live with it till he has either time, the will or desire for reflection.

I see it rather like a (black) situation comedy ... without the comedy ... indeed, thinking about that .... VERY like many situation Comedys :D

BB

It's a Otcentral laugh-in!

...now, what can i write to confuse Highwayman ... heh, i like this game! :grinyes:

spike

Write something like "Holy crap! I didn't realize highwayman engaged in such sordid activity. That's disgusting and appalling".

If he can't see this post it will drive him nuts :D

Feel free to make up your own material though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A poll can easily be manipulated to fit an agenda.

Gato has walked the streets of Baghdad. So have a number of people I've spoken with. They have ALL said the same thing. The Iraqis are not screaming for our exit. They are about as happy with our presence in Iraq as anybody could expect from a nation with a foreign military in its borders. They want us gone but they are smart enough to understand we need to remain, for awhile.

The consequences of our premature exit far outweigh any political ramifications. If the Republicans win, nothing will change at home & this may still turn out alright. If the Democrats win & follow through on their threats, America, as a world power, will cease to exist.

On top of that, the Iraqis will be in a full scale civil war. Iran will become a nuclear power. Afghanistan will revert to the Taliban & terrorism will get a huge shot in the arm, proving it more effective than anyone would or could have guessed.
Bombings will increase 100fold.

spike

A poll can easily be manipulated to fit an agenda.

Gato has walked the streets of Baghdad. So have a number of people I've spoken with. They have ALL said the same thing. The Iraqis are not screaming for our exit. They are about as happy with our presence in Iraq as anybody could expect from a nation with a foreign military in its borders. They want us gone but they are smart enough to understand we need to remain, for awhile.

No, the polls are correct they want us out. Maybe they don't say "we want you the fuck out" to all the gun carrying soldiers but they have expressed their wish for us to leave to the ones I've talked to.

Too bad you can't find any actual evidence to back up your point.

spike

Eyewitness accounts are less factual than polls?

The eyewitness accounts I've spoke to agree with the polls.

But yeah the pollsters talk to the Iraqis. The soldiers talk to the Iraqis. Difference is the soldiers talk to a lot less, many times aren't asking things like "Would you prefer is the US left Iraq" all the time, and are carrying guns. So no probably not nearly as accurate.

Professur

Spike, I might give you that .... if the poll was generated by an impartial entity. But let's face one fact, where the poll was taken matters a helluva lot too. Taken near the gulf coast, I think you'll find the US more welcome than around Tikrit and Faluja.

The simple fact is that there are populations in Iraq that will cease to exist then the US pull out. They're the same ones that took up arms in Iraq during the first Gulf war, and were expecting the US to do what they did this time, and were caught with their pants down when the US pulled back leaving Saddam in power. There are populations in Iraq that lost power, money and status when the US arrived, Hell yeah, they want the US gone so they can get back to business. There are people who wanted the US right up until they were able to assert their own new found power. Now they want the US gone so that they can abuse it. There are at least as many marketing experts, politicians, lawers, and mobsters there as there are here, and they're just as influential at twisting people's perspective. And there are the common sheep just like we have here.

The simple fact is that I can take the same topic (and have done) and phrase a question two different ways and ask the same people those questions, and they'll produce the same knee-jerk replies I want them too, even to the point of contradicting themselves only minutes apart.

Without someone showing me the exact question posed, the exact population it's posed to, and giving me a full understanding of what that phrasing means in the local dialect the entire topic is smoke and mirrors.

For example: If I was to pose the following question in downtown Glasgow and downtown Toronto ....

#1. If you were on the subway at midnight, and you noticed a young man with his lips wrapped around a fag, what would you do?

Even knowing the exact phrasing is useless to predict the result without knowing how the local dialect is gonna interpret it.

Hence the phrase "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The soldiers talk to the Iraqis & the pollsters ask questions without room for explanation.

spike

Spike, I might give you that .... if the poll was generated by an impartial entity.

Even knowing the exact phrasing is useless to predict the result without knowing how the local dialect is gonna interpret it.

US soldiers are less likely to be impartial and less likely to know the Arabic dialect than the people conducting the polls....and less likely to get a real answer to the question "Do you approve of attacks on US soldiers".

Fact I have provided evidence to support my position while Gonz and Gato_Solo have provided hearsay.

Nuf said

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Fact I have provided evidence to support my position while Gonz and Gato_Solo have provided hearsay.

Nuf said

Congrats, you just won an internet debate!!!

argue.jpg